Thursday, September 4, 2008

Weddings, Colds, Family and more...

So, last week was so crazy busy and this one has stunk because we have all been sick because we were so busy last week that we didn't sleep. : ) But everyone is getting better thankfully and I have started to actually do some things during the day again.

Well, it is official...my little brother is a married man. It was so great to see him get to this point and to see him start his own family with Carissa. They are perfect for each other. Their wedding dinner was Thursday night and their wedding and reception were Friday. Unfortunately, by Thursday night Ashlyn and Braxton were already sick so they were kind of cranky for all the events (just colds). And since they were sick it meant they weren't sleeping well. And since they both weren't sleeping well, it meant that I was barely sleeping at all. Which made me feel like I had fog around my brain and it took about a minute longer to process things than normal which doesn't make for very good conversation. All this long explanation is not to evoke pity for me, it just made me sad because all weekend I was surrounded by family that I love and that I don't get to see nearly enough of and there is almost nothing I love more than getting caught up with people and having really good talks....and I had the foggy brain. Oh, well I can hope for better luck next time. : ) Thankfully, it didn't detract from the beauty of the wedding. Here are some pictures of the big day.

The bride and groom right after the sealing, Tyler is trying to run away and avoid the hours of photography that follows.

Beautiful little Ashlyn at the reception in her fancy little dress. Poor baby, this was not the highlight of her life, I think she was feeling pretty crummy by this point.

Me and my baby girl


Tyler was nice enough to stop the reception line long enough for a picture with Jace who went up and asked him about 1000 times when he and Carissa were going to cut the cake.

Braxton and his girlfriend. I don't even know who this is, but Braxton sure liked her. He would follow her around and try to hug her all the time. It was pretty funny. You will notice the lack of bow tie and flower on Braxton. As soon as we put both on he ripped them off, so even for the nice pictures he didn't have them on, or his shoes, which we couldn't get on his feet. Oh, well. Sorry Tyler and Carissa, it will give extra personality to your pics. : )

Most of our little family, at the end of the reception.

Finally, the moment Jace had been waiting for, the cutting of the cake.

And here he is digging into his second piece.
It really was a beautiful wedding. We are so glad we got to be there with them on their special day.
Another super fun thing we got to do last week that I WISH I had pictures of was hanging out with Aunt Leslie and Anna and Drew. We took the kids to a park and they played so good together and had so much fun chasing each other around and playing in the sprinklers that came on while Leslie and I got to talk. Then they came over later to jump on the trampoline, play toys and ride bikes. We wish they lived closer so we could hang out with them all the time. : ) We miss you guys!
I just wanted to post this quote I found the other day while I was organizing the office. It says it is from Elder Holland but there is no other reference info.
"One observer has written: In a world that constantly compares people, ranking them as more or less intelligent, more or less attractive, more or less successful, it is not easy to really believe in a divine love that does not do the same. When I hear someone praised, it is hard not to think of myself as less praiseworthy; when I read about the goodness and kindness of other people, it is hard not to wonder whether I myself am as good and kind as they; and when I see trophies, rewards, and prizes being handed out to special people, I cannot avoid asking myself why that didn't happen to me." Elder Holland ends his remarks by saying, "I testify that no one of us is less treasured or cherished of God than another. I testify that he loves each of us--insecurities, anxieties, self-image, and all. He doesn't measure our talents or our looks; He doesn't measure our professions or our possessions. He cheers on every runner, calling out that the race is against sin, not against each other. I know that if we will be faithful, there is a perfectly tailored robe of righteousness ready and waiting for everyone."
What a wonderful reminder of things that I think everyone needs to hear every once in a while and that I believe are absolutely true. I hope everyone is doing great!

11 comments:

Kelly said...

Great pictures. You looked beautiful. Sorry you guys have been so sick. I hear it's going around.

Stan and Jamie said...

It looks like it was a beautiful day! And it looks like your brother is so happy, that's so fun! I'm so sorry you guys were sick, that is crummy! Hope you're all better soon! :)

Rebekah said...

Hi! I loved that quote and I stole it from you! I am posting it to my blog too! Thanks! Also, sorry I didn't make it to the reception I was so spent! You looked beautiful!

Lindsay said...

Such a good post. I love the pictures, you got some good ones! You look so good (as ussual)...Oh, and I thought your brother was MY boyfriend! (haha) Congrats!

Man, I almost hurt when you were talking about foggy brain. I have felt that for sure, but probably not to the extent you have...I only have 1 kid giving me foggy brain when he doesn't sleep-- you have 3. Get some sleep love!

JulesandBriPoulson said...

wow, your family gets to celebrate big time with weddings this year! Your vacation looks like it was incredible too. What a cute family you are!

g.lock said...

cute pics. didn't know brax was such a flirt, ha

Leslie said...

Beautiful wedding! Loved the cake and you all looked so nice!
We had so much fun visiting you guys and miss you tons!!

guerita buenita said...

thanks for posting those pics!! by the way, my blog address changed to carissarasmussen.blogspot.com!!! also Happy Birthday to big boy Jace:)

The Ellsworths said...

Kristin, I have been on a blogging holiday, so I haven't checked in for a while. You look fabulous! I love your blonde hair! Your family is adorable and it makes me miss you so much!

Jenn Whitesides said...

Congratulations to Tyler! I can't believe he's married now...I am feeling particularly old right now. On a more positive note, Kristin, you looked so beautiful at Tyler's wedding! You did it, you fit into your bridesmaid dress in such a short time!! Can you give me tips b/c I'm STILL working on the last of the babyweight. Maybe I oughta give excercise a try. Anyways, I loved the pictures to Mexico. It looked like so much fun and I'm glad you had a great time. I could really use a vacation myself these days!

Amy Morris said...

Kristin! Wow does time fly or what- I still remember Jace as a baby! I can't get over how beautiful your kids are! It's so good to hear from you! Keep in touch and tell your whole family hi- let me know if you guys ever make it to florida again, we would love to see you!