-Number of hours IN car: 482
-Number of hours OUT of car: 6
So, the first number might be a little bit of an exaggeration but not by much and the second number is very close if you only count the number of non-sleeping hours out of the car. Here are a few more fun facts about our trip:
-Tyler and Carissa joined us for the trip there and back. They are still talking to us as far as I know so we didn't completely drive them crazy. : )
-Ashlyn cried through the entire state of AZ there and back (we go through a corner of the state between Vegas and St. George)
-I still hate deer. Hate them. There were several deer warning signs and I made sure everyone knew they were there and what the plan was if a deer did jump out in front of us. I don't know why I have this fear of hitting one. I did feel a little better in our Sequoia rather than Rhonda our old Honda.
-The kids were such little troopers. They did so, so good (except for a meltdown or two here or there but those happen at home too). They had some hilarious conversations in the many, many hours they spent in their car seats in the back. A few highlights: (these were all real, ask Tim, Tyler or Carissa)
Brax: Let's talk about boogies...can I put it in my ear? (as he was holding one)
Brax: Let's talk about skeletons.
Jace: Okay, skeletons have hands, but no tummy.
Jace: I'm a boy, you're a girl
Brax: No I'm a boy,
Jace: No I am a boy and I am Super Mario
Brax: (in tears) I am a boy and I am Super Mario!
Tim: You guys talk about the stupidest things
-So here was my shoe dilemma. I packed two brown high heels to wear with my dress on the wedding day. The morning of the wedding we are rushing around trying to get all the kids dressed and ready, iron clothes, get ourselves ready, etc. and about 2 minutes before we have to leave to go the temple I realize I can only find one of my brown heels. They were beautiful 3 inch Banana Republic chocolate brown heels, and I had one of them. We are tearing the car apart, and hotel room apart looking for my other shoe with no luck. So here was my dilemma. Wear the one high heel that I have and stand like a flamingo all day but give the illusion of height and slenderness (I am not sure that is a word, but just move on) OR wear two very casual, slightly worn looking, brown flats that I happened to bring and look short and squat. Needless to say, I went with the short and squat look. I thought it was better than looking like I had one leg amputated in all the pictures. I still haven't found my shoe though, so if you see one lonely high heel somewhere between here and CA, let me know.
-We paid about $35 in tolls on the lovely roads of CA. That was money well spent. : ) I just kept thinking, man I could have gotten a pedicure with that money.
-The one thing I didn't get a picture of was our trip the the Lego store at Downtown Disney which was their favorite part. Dang. We didn't get to go to Disneyland because Tim had to get back to work for some pressing matters....and because he used up the remainder of his vacation, sick days and personal days when he had pneumonia.
-When we got to the temple the boys were in clean, ironed clothes with their hair fixed nicely and shirts tucked in. Sometime in between that moment and the moment Andrew and Elyse came out of the temple they both managed to get their clothes as dirty as possible. Jace had about a 4 inch grass/dirt stain down one leg of his pants and Braxton looked like he just rolled around in some dirt and their hair looked like they just woke up. It was one of those moments where I thought, okay so maybe I'm not Mother of the Year material.
The event was well worth the trip though. The wedding was on a beautiful day in Newport Beach and Andrew and Elyse looked so happy. Here is a picture of the bride and groom.
We got to spend most of Halloween riding in the car but got to CA in time to do some trick or treating. Thanks to Andrew's sister Katie for letting us join them in their cute neighborhood. Here are Spiderman, a flower and a monkey ready to hit the town.
Towards the end of trick or treating, everyone has lost their head wear.
Grandma and her grandkids. (they are the only ones so they get all the love and attention, they love it)
Attempt #1 at a family picture
Attempt #2 (actually this is probably like 15 but these were the best two. Really they were.)
Three little munchkinsThe next several shots are the many faces of Ashlyn all within one minute. She is so cute I couldn't leave any of them out.





So this last picture is just to brag on my cute little punkin. As of a week or two ago she is officially sitting all by herself. She has been my earliest sitter so far...a week before she was 5 months old. She is so steady and can reach for things and look around without falling over. She is such a fun baby and is getting big way too fast. :)This is already the longest post ever so I thought I would add just one more little tidbit that I am stealing from my sister's blog. It is a musical slideshow called Reflections of Christ with amazingly beautiful photography. It has been around a while so I am sure a lot of people have seen it but even if you have it is worth watching again. I like it even more because my cousins wife is one of the ten virgins and because I heard this song sung in a Sacrament Meeting by the same guy and it was the most amazing musical number I have ever heard. It is just beautiful so check it out herehttp://mabrystudios.typepad.com/reflections_of_christ/2008/03/reflections-sli.html (I know I am totally lame that I can't just link it to one word but it is late...keep the mocking to a minimum) Make sure you enlarge it to full screen. I even used it as an FHE lesson and talked about what was happening in all the pictures.
So enough from us, I hope everyone else is doing great!

13 comments:
Wow, what a trip!! Thanks so much for bringing in dinner last night, we appreciate it SOO much. And btw, you looked beautiful at the wedding, I don't know what you were worried about!! You have such cute kids! Love all the pictures. :-)
So so fun! What a beautiful temple! Don't you just love long car rides with little ones? I'm glad you guys had fun though!
That sounds like it was a good trip. I love you posts they are always so fun to read. I will keep an eye out for your shoe not that I am going to Cali anytime soon, but I will remember.
Between the hours in the car, the conversations between Jace and Braxton and the loss of the chocolate brown heel, it sounds like quite the trip. Loved reading about it.
I love the family pictures. You guys look amazing. I also have to say, the kung fu stuff is AWESOME! I think Tim should demonstrate in person! Sorry about your shoe, that sucks. Did you look at home? (I'm sure you did, but I hope you found it).
I can only imagine that many hours in a car with little kids!! Looks like you had a good time though once you got there:) The pictures look great, especially the family one!!
Um, HILARIOUS. So fun to read about. You and your kiddies look beautiful, even without the shoe!
Kristin the dress looked great on you. I don't know what you were worried about. Your family is so cute. I can't believe how big Ashlyn looks in those pictures. I found your blog from someone elses. I hope you are okay with me looking at it. I need to send you an invite to mine.
I am glad you survived the trip! I loved those pictures of Ashlyn's many faces....so cute! You look so pretty btw! Elyse is married! Yay! That is so exciting! Hope to see you soon!
Great pictures and great description of you trip. Despite how you felt, you looked like the mother of the year.
Kristin, you looked so lovely in your dress color,the kids are adorable, but Tim was extremely handsome in the brown colored suit...suits him well! Glad you had such a happy time.
Love to all, Nana & Papa ;0)
You are one tough mom! The long car ride, hotel stay, long wedding pictures, and long car ride...all with 3 little ones, unreal! I started getting anxiety just imagining doing all that with my kids. I got a good laugh at Tim in mid-air Kung Fu pose! Oh, and I loved your previous post about your crazy day. I cry at least once a week due to one of those "days". Congrats to Elyse!
That picture with Tim in his action shot was hilarious! I can vividly see the whole match in my head and cracked up the whole time. You are a trooper! Good thing we love our families to go through the torture we do for their weddings! :0)
Hope you are well! Say hello to those cuties for me (your kids)!
Post a Comment