As you might have guessed from the title...I FOUND MY SHOE! If you don't know what I am talking about refer a few months back to my sister's wedding. I lost one of the shoes I was supposed to wear all day at the wedding festivities and had to wear ugly shoes that made me feel short and chubby. ( I am not vain enough to think that anyone but me noticed my footwear but girls you understand right?...ugly shoes at a beautiful event=not feeling my best about the way I look regardless of the rest of my outfit...which now that we are talking about it wasn't a great look on me anyway if we are being really honest. : ) I am sure that I was supposed to be learning a lesson in humility or something., or at least that is what it felt like. : )
I got home with one of my shoes and with no real hope of finding the other one. We unloaded the car, unpacked the bags but there was no shoe, so logically I should have thrown the other one away right? But I didn't because it just seemed too nice to go in the garbage, even if it didn't have a match and I had no use for it. So, I put it in the very back of my closet because I was pretty sure Tim would get rid of it if he found it. Then last Saturday we decided to rearrange the car seats and move Braxton up to one of the seats in the middle. Tim pulled the car seat out and then pulled out the car seat mat that goes over the seat and under that was my shoe!! He called me outside so I could see what he had found and I am pretty sure that I screamed. I am also pretty sure that I embarrassed him since some of our neighbors were outside. I ran and pulled the other one out of the back of my closet and put them on. Then I thought, I can't believe that it was in the car the WHOLE time I was wearing those ugly shoes. UGHHH!!! Oops...wasn't I supposed to have gotten over that? Apparently lesson not learned, since that was one of my first thoughts. I am fully expecting to have my favorite pair of jeans shredded in the wash or have my hair turn green or something soon. : )
Ummm, what else have we been up to... Tim has been really, really busy at work the last few weeks. Late nights, lots of hours, etc. and they boys have been really bored. It is still too cold and smoggy to go outside and we were all going a little crazy. So, I told them they could have a Valentine's Day party. They made the guest list, the invitations, delivered them, planned the games and treats, and picked out the food we would eat. Jace even cut out a bunch of hearts for decorations. They did a great job and had a great time at their party. And I, being the great mother that I am, didn't take one single picture of it. Not one. I had even set my camera out and still nothing. Oh well, good thing they still had fun. : )
Ashlyn had made it her life's mission to find a way to fall down the stairs. If she hears the gate snap open, she hurries over there as fast as her little body will take her and tries to go down, head first. If the boys are playing downstairs and we are upstairs she will just go over to the gate and pull herself up and gaze downstairs knowing she is missing all the fun. It is fun to see her little personality come through more and more all the time. She hates bottles and baby food but loves to drink out of a cup and eat anything we are having. She especially loves noodles, pizza, apple slices, and Oreo cookies, as you can see in the picture below.
Ashlyn loves me. Granted she doesn't know that many people and I do provide her with most of her food. Now that she is mobile this is what I see a lot of during the day. She will crawl around after me and then get up on her knees and raise her little arms up for me to carry her around. How can I resist that cute little face though?
Jace is a great big brother. He wanted me to take this picture of him and Ashlyn. He loves to carry her around and "help" her do things. I hope he always takes such good care of her.
Here is what Braxton decided to do one morning. Why he decided to pull all the Kleenex out of the box I do not know, but I do know that once it is out it is almost impossible to get it all back in the box. Braxton will get a whole post to himself soon. He is giving me a run for my money lately and I will need a whole new post to document all the things I want to remember and tell him about when he is older. Here is just a little preview. Today he wore three different pairs of pants, two of them backwards, because he insists on putting them on himself. He doesn't want any input or help and never wants to be corrected. I do realize that correcting and helping are two key parts of being a good parent, but I have to pick my battles. So today he went to the grocery store with backwards pants on, but he didn't get to put playdough in the toaster or wear one of Jace's shirts with his backwards pants. He has seriously been cracking us up lately. I have been writing stuff down on little scraps so I will have to get it all together soon to post. But now Ashlyn is ready for bed and I have "The Biggest Loser" recorded on the DVR to watch. I love that show. The people are so inspiring. I like to think that if they can lose ten pounds in a week, I can lose ten pounds in two months, right? What's that? They don't eat leftover oatmeal cake for breakfast like I do? Well, good thing I can take it easy on myself and will give myself until the next time I have to wear a swimsuit to lose those ten pounds. : )


12 comments:
Don't you just love it when stuff like that happens, finding your shoe?! And now you're super glad that you saved the other one, because if you had tossed it, you would have been heart broken! I loved all the pictures, your kiddos are growing so fast (so are mine I guess!) and they are so cute!
First of all, I'm so excited to come up there on Sat. Secondly, I was reading this post in class and I was having the toughest time stifling my laughter...especially when I saw the picture of Ashlyn with the oreos all over her face. She is sooo precious. She makes me want a little girl first!!
That is amazing you didn't throw the other shoe out figuring the missing one was long gone!!:) The oreo picture is too cute:) You are so good to write down all the funny things your kids do. It is so fun to look back and remember there cute personalities, especially as they get bigger!
Kristin...you are so dang funny. Congrats on the shoe I am so excited for ya!
I love that you're a Biggest Loser fan. I made Christian watch it with me for the first time last night. Your kids are adorable as always and I love the stories. I'm SO glad your computer is now working . . . keep the updates coming!
I love the stories. Especially the one about you hyperventilating on the ledge. Go Tim, that he hung all that stuff up there and kept his balance.
I'm also a Biggest Loser fan. Did you know three of them are Mormons? Blaine, Dane (black team) and I think it is Sione or Felipe. Cool, huh!
I can't believe you found your shoe! That is too funny. I totally would have kept the other shoe too though. I do the same thing with socks that I've lost the match to because I know eventually that other one will show up. Your kids are so cute and getting so big!
I love your new wall of pictures - way to go Tim!!
Yea for finding the shoe! I want to see a picture of them now. Love the pictures. You're kids are so cute. And I love what you've done with your house. I would have totally made Ben do the same thing. I'm a big chicken who is afraid of heights...and breaking my back. Hey, the people that "bought" our home are BIG BYU fans...yea for Tim!
Your kids are so cute! The party was fun and your house looks wonderful. Way to go Kristin!(and Tim!)
Cute new decorating! I am so glad you found your show! How in the heck in would end up under the car seat and the seat protector is crazy!
Hey, Cinderella, you make me laugh. You really know how to tell a story and your kids really know how to give you material for those stories.
Okay, I love reading your blog because I can always count on you for a laugh. Seriously, you are a crack up...and I miss you! When are you coming to visit?! :0) I am totally serious though, you need to come. Say hello to the boys (and Ashlyn, even though she doesn't know me) :(
Post a Comment