Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Hiatus

Did I mention that I was taking a little hiatus from my blog? No? Oh, that's because I didn't know either. In my last post (you know, way back when) I mentioned I was going to become a runner. After that I started running, and realized how slow I really was. And that I needed to run a lot more in order to finish that half marathon in the six hours the city had allotted us. So, I did. I started running more which took up my little bit of blogging time.

Then for Valentine's Day Tim took pity on my poor, blind eyes and set up PRK surgery to fix them. It was amazing. From 20/750 to 20/20. I haven't been glasses or contacts free since elementary school and it is great. The only downside? Through March and April everything somewhat close to my face (books, the computer screen...) I saw double. I didn't check my email for like 2 months and had 512 unread messages when I finally did. I am pretty sure I deleted them all since it seemed overwhelming. Sorry if you sent me an email around then.

What finally kicked me down to the computer to blog again though was Ashlyn's baby scrapbook/book. I found it the other day in my kids memorabilia cabinet. It was sad. The only reason I knew it was her's was because it was mostly pink and I only have one girl. I have not even written her dang name in it. I realized my poor kids only have this blog to preserve their childhood memories. This and the millions of jumbled picture files on my computer. This seems slightly better since I at least write something. So, I have a renewed dedication to blog. (I am sure all one person who reads this just cheered.) No more hiatus. And to get us caught up, here are the last few months in pictures.


First things first, me. (Just kidding, this is just in chronological order)

I ran (and finished) the half marathon. It was awesome. I didn't even get picked up by the lag wagon. Here I am at the finish with my medal to prove it. (Don't mind Jace, he is 6 and a boy. He thinks every picture is better with a silly face.) My time was 2:09 (thats hours people, not minutes) and I really did love it and can't wait to do it again. I must have looked like I was having fun too, because a lot of my family that came to watch said they want to run it with me next year. Maybe one day when I don't have anything to write about I will tell you about how I lost the starting line. Its a good one and makes me look reaaallll smart.

Tim turned 31. This was his favorite present. This and the season tickets he bought "us". I love him. He is the greatest and I never get tired of telling people that. And listing all the reasons why. You can't tell him though, I don't want him getting a big head or anything. And I am pretty sure the secret is safe with us here. I still don't think he has found this blog.

Here is Jace in April (it was still freezing here) getting ready to fly his new kite. It was great until his little brother ran his kite over to show him and they got all tangled up in the sky. Then they crashed to the ground. Little brothers. He lost his first two teeth Easter weekend, which was a very big deal around here. He had his first field trip today, which was awesome except when he reached up to scratch his head and ended up scratching the bee that landed there instead. It stung him right on the fingertip. It was bad news because he has already been stung several times and is terrified of bees. He took it like a man though and only shed a few tears before his teacher came to the rescue with a band-aid. His last day of kindergarten is tomorrow and then in three weeks he starts first grade. Which is all day. Which makes me feel sick. Is he old enough to be there for seven hours? Really? (Don't answer that.)

Here is Braxton on his fourth birthday. He got a cool new big boy bike. He loved it until he fell off and then he wouldn't ride it for a month. He just pushed it around the neighborhood. Just this week he got up the courage to get back on. He moves at his own pace no matter what anyone says and I love that about him. He had an awesome birthday because this was the first year he got a friends party. He had lots of fun and he was so cute with his little friends. He has learned how to write his name pretty well and says the funniest things. I need to write them all down and that can be a post all by itself. Things like "Why am I so fun mom? I am always really fun to play with but some people are no fun. I feel sad for them."

Our little princess Ashlyn turned two. Her day was magical because she got another baby. She named it Alive to go with her other baby Drink. Yes, she has great taste in baby names. I am pretty sure she will end up as a Hollywood star one day based on this fact alone. Her kids will fit in great with all the other kids who have weirdo names out there. She is really sweet and has everyone here wrapped around her tiny little fingers. She is my only child that still likes to snuggle with me so that gets her points. She is also really excited to see me whenever I come home and hugs me and says "I missed you mommy. I soooo glad you home" She wants to paint her toenails purple and she loves to play prince and princess. I always have to be the prince. I am glad I have my ladybug.


At the beginning of June we went back to Cancun. I know rough life right? I like to wear my kids out all morning in the pools so they would do this in the afternoon. Jace even napped a few times and he never naps. Ever. We had a really fun time. So fun that I took almost no pictures of it. You will just have to trust me. There was a lot of swimming, eating, drinking pina coladas (N/A), and more eating. And did I mention eating?

The pictures I did take were really good too. Like this one where Braxton is trying to drink the pool water while Jace is mad because I caked his sunscreen on like a mask.

Here are my two little sillies and the sand castle they built. I know it looks slightly like a pornographic castle but they don't. So its okay.

And here is Ashlyn "helping" me make a Father's Day cake. She loves her some chocolate.
So, that is more or less, our last few months. They have been fun. I'm not running 25 miles a week anymore so I should be able to keep this up on a more regular basis. All I have to do is set that empty baby book out where I can see it.

9 comments:

Stan and Jamie said...

wait...what!!!? Did Kristin really just post on her blog?? lol...she DID! Well I DO read you blog and I shouted for joy at your new found dedication to blogging! Good for you on the 1/2 marathon too, that's awesome! Your kids have gotten so big, they are all so adorable.

Brooke said...

Yeah! Love the updates. I'm at my parents in Cali but I'll call you when I get back to Utah and we'll get together. Seriously impressed with the half marathon too. I started running everyday and don't have any plans to run that far. It's so fun to see your kids they are seriously cute and I love hearing your stories!

Kelly said...

Seriously, I just wrote a huge comment, and it didn't post. UGH! Anyway, in a nutshell:
1. I'm so glad you're blogging again!!
2. Congrats on your marathon, you are a better woman than I. (or is it "than me?" Gosh, I always forget).
3. Your kids are getting so freaking big and I just saw them a couple months ago!
4. Where did you stay in Cancun? And how did your kids do on the way down?
5. I'll be looking forward to many more posts from my awesome friend Kristin!

Shelli said...

I love reading your blog. I have missed it a little. Even though I know most of the stuff that goes on with the Prusse's, your blog still makes me laugh. Tim looks so happy with his picture! What a good wife you are.

Heather said...

I always love when you update your blog!! You sure have been busy! No wonder you don't have time to blog:)

Cissy said...

You always make me laugh. So good to read what your family is up to, and so amazing to see how much those kids (especially Ashlyn) have grown.

Hope to see you all in person sometime soon!

Janie said...

I love it when you blog! It is always entertaining to read. Your kids are so cute. I would love to be able to do the trip to Cancun with the kids. It always looks like you have so much fun.

Ellsworth Family said...

I love knowing that no matter how long I take to post on my blog, I can always count on Kristin taking longer! :) I miss you!!! You have to get your buns out here since I haven't seen you in so long. I have never even seen your baby girl! That is sad. I'm going to Az from July 14-August 12, do you want to take a road trip and meet me there?! You know you want to drive those kids twelve hours to see us... come on. We did it for you. :)
Glad you are doing well and having fun! Give those cute kiddies a squeeze for me, and then remind them who I am.

Elyse said...

Yay for blogging! Cute pictures.