Their kids would just stop growing up so fast? The last week and a half we haven't had tons of exciting stuff going on...just playing at home a lot, but I have loved it! One day last week my boys were jumping on the tramp with the sprinkler (a daily activity) and just cracking each other up and playing and having so much fun. I was watching them and just thought how I wished I could freeze time. I love the ages they are at...they are so much fun, each one of them. I love that they still love to play at home, they still think I am super-cool : ), they still come running to me if they get hurt so I can kiss it better...and I know that it won't always be like that. I love that I still get to keep them home with me and I am not sad Jace has another year before kindergarten. : ) I know that I still have several years before they are teenagers or even almost teenagers but I swear time has been seeming to fly by so fast lately. I just want it enjoy them at these fun ages as much as I can. So having said that and after looking out the window and getting a little sad that I can't keep them from growing up, I went downstairs to find a whole bottle of glitter dumped all over the bathroom--and then I was a little less sad. : ) Anyway, here is a picture of my glitter lovin little boys in another one of their favorite activities, playing in their "fort" of mommy and daddy's comforter and sheets.

Ashlyn is getting bigger and bigger. I am not sure how much she weighs now but I can just tell she has gone through a little growth spurt lately. She started smiling a little about two weeks ago and has started to try to make little baby talk noises. She is the princess of the house and gets lots of hugs and kisses and attention. This is a picture of her from this morning mid-yawn. The boys thought it was hilarious. As you can see her hair has not fallen out or anything. In fact it just keeps growing. I could put it in clips or little pig tails on top if it wasn't so fine. I love it. I think it makes her look so girlie. : )

Everyone has been asking who she looks like because right now she doesn't look tons like her brothers or Tim or I. My mom always says that she reminds her of me when I was a baby so here is a picture of Ashlyn and then right below it a picture of me as a baby. What do you think? Is my mom right?


Here is just a picture of Tim as a little boy. I don't know how old he was but I have always thought it was so cute! So I decided to post it. He will be so happy : )

Another some of my thoughts lately have been about marriage. Here is a picture from December 21, 2001--our wedding.

In the last little bit it seems like I have heard of so many couples who are getting divorced. They have been friends, friends of friends, family of friends or some of our own family and every time I hear it it makes me so sad for them. I won't pretend like Tim and I have a perfect marriage. With three little kids, a super busy job (Tim), church callings, extended family responsibilities, a house and yard to keep clean and nice etc, etc. it seems like we don't get to spend as much time together as we want. But we both know that no matter what, neither one of us is going anywhere. We know that we love each other so if we have a disagreement or something it isn't a big deal because we know we'll get over it and that will be the end of it. I am so grateful for that. I can't imagine having a marriage where you always have to wonder if this is the end every time there is a disagreement. So for better or worse Tim I'll always be here : )
So not a very exciting post...but hey with a newborn you don't always have a super exciting life. : ) In two and a half weeks though we will be playing on the beaches of Mexico. I will be sipping a pina colada (virgin) and reading a good book. Until Ashlyn needs fed or one of the boys jumps in without floaties and I have to rescue them. : ) No seriously, it will be so fun and we are so excited. Neither one of us have ever been to Mexico so we are really excited. The kids are so excited to go on an airplane and see the beach. We are going with my whole family (thanks dad) before the big weddings. I will take lots of pictures! Ashlyn just woke up so I hope everyone is doing great!
7 comments:
That was such a nice post and I agree with you 100%! I was just sitting on the couch with Kyler while he was watching some cartoon and I was thinking how he's starting Kindergarten in August and I had to stop thinking about it so I wouldn't cry right then! Hope you guys have tons of fun in Mexico! Ashlyn is so cute, although I don't really think she looks tons like either of you...sometimes kids just look like themselves...that is what I have decided! Hope you guys are doing well!
Glad that you and Tim are there for each other. The kids are great but they are only temporary under your stewardship. Then it will be back to the two of you. Make sure you keep "dating" each other.
Your kids are cute. That is a fun age.
AMEN. To everything you said. I think about how fast Jack is growing up, and I hate it. I want him to just stay my little baby, and he's not! Tonight I cradled Jack and gave him his bottle as if he were a baby, and he just wouldn't hold still. I just wanted him to cuddle again! You are all SO stinkin' cute. I think Ashlyn looks more like you than Tim, but I still don't see anything definite yet. Have a blast in Mehico!
Hey Kristen! I just found your blog. I just started blogging!
Now that I see your baby picture, I can definitely see the resemblance. And I agree with everything you wrote. :-)
They are adorable, as always :) and I'm likin the baby pics...Tim is quite the stud! ha. It was nice playing hide and seek with you guys the other night! Love ya.
She is such a Prusse! We love Mexico! Just don't eat/drink anything local or let the ladies braid your hair. Go have a blast with your kids!
Wishing your cute Family of Five
a fabulous time in Mexico. Take a
load of pictures! Hugs & kisses to
Handsome Jace, Cutey Braxton, and
Princess Ashlyn!
Love, Nana & Papa ;0)
Post a Comment