So like I said in my last post we are getting ready to go to Mexico for vacation soon. Last year Tim and I were lucky enough to go on a wonderful vacation to Hawaii. It was the first vacation we had taken without kids since our honeymoon and it was so fun. This time we get to take the kids along, which will be so fun too. As the rest of you moms know though preparing for a trip with kids and without are two totally different things. Here are some of the differences:
Hawaii Trip
-Tim and I packed the morning of
-Tim had one checked bag
-I had one checked bag
-I took one small purse as my carry-on
-Tim didn't take any carry-ons
-We both took naps on the airplane
Mexico Trip
-I am preparing stuff a week a head of time
-These are the things we have to take:
1. Checked bag for Tim and I
2. Checked bag for Jace and Brax
3. Checked bag for Ashlyn
4. Double stroller
5. Car seat for Ashlyn
6. Car seat for Brax
7. Big diaper bag carry-on
8. Carry-on backpack with activities for Brax
9. Carry-on backpack for Jace
10. Carry-on bag of snacks
11. A booster car seat for Jace
12. Tim's golf clubs
-I am betting big money that neither one of us is going to nap on the airplane this time
-Last time we attracted virtually no attention getting through the airport to our gate...this time might be a different story : )
Despite the extra prep work, we are all excited to get away for awhile and have a break from all the daily stuff and spend some time together. If you are interested to see where we are going click herehttp://www.moonpalacecancun.com/Resorts/MoonPalace/Index.asp.
We have had a great week. We had such a fun week with the 24th holiday and some other fun family things. I will post some pictures later this week! And I will see if I can say week one more time.. (I just realized as I reread that I was a little redundant) And spell check isn't working so just overlook any mistakes... And now this is really the end :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment