
It is now August which means this is THE month. The month college football season starts. Since Tim is the biggest BYU fan this is a very big deal. He has already started preseason training for Jace and Braxton.

So, I got tagged by my friend Jenn about a week ago. I haven't done it because it is all about me and kind of detailed. BUT, then I read my cousin Eden's (she got tagged with the same thing) and it was so fun to read! So thanks for the inspiration Eden. : )
For this tag you have to list 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 goals, and 3 current obsessions. Then tag 5 more people to do the same.
3 Joys
1. Tim and my kids. Nothing makes me happier than getting a hug and a kiss from any of them. My kids are a little crazy, but what little boys aren't? : ) Ashlyn is such a good baby and I love having a little girl. Tim is a great husband and I love him more all the time. We aren't a perfect family but there is lots of love in our little house : )
2. The gospel. Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I didn't know what I know. I think it would be a lot scarier. I would be so scared of death because you don't know if you will ever see the people you love again. I am glad to know that there is more to life than the day to day, that I will see people I love again, and that I will always be able to be with my sweet family.
3. Anything that happens at a spa. Seriously, I love being pampered. I love pedicures, manicures, massages, facials and any other kind of treatment they have. I don't get to go very often (I have only been to two really nice spas ever) which might be why I love them even more. When I am there I try to soak up every bit of enjoyment and then I remember how wonderful and relaxing it was until the next time. If you have never been I say you should at least try it once. It is well worth the $$.
3 Fears
1. So, I was going to put that something would happen to Tim or the kids but I think that is obvious so I decided to go with deer. I am terrified of deer. It is weird, I know. I am especially terrified of hitting a deer with my car. We have made the driving trip from AZ to UT several times and I have driven from UT to FL and back more than once, and it never gets better. I have never actually hit a deer but whenever I see those deer warning signs, my heart starts to pound and my eyes are glued to the sides of the road for any sign of them, especially at night. One Thanksgiving, Tim, Tyler and I were driving to AZ and it was about 11 pm; I saw two right off the side of the road between Panguitch and Page (a two lane road out in the middle of nowhere) and screamed out loud. Tim and Tyler thought it was hilarious.
2. I am also scared of seeing people throw up. I have kind of grown immune to seeing my own kids throw up but just thinking about possibly seeing other people throw up makes me feel kind of faint. Or writing about it, so lets move on...
3. I am always scared that I won't turn out to be too good at this mommy thing either. I think most moms feel that way some days. Each kid is so different and they don't come with instructions. Every parenting book says something different so I don't think anyone has it all figured out. I just hope and pray (lots of prayers) that I can help my kids turn out to be kind, compassionate, well-adjusted people.
3 Goals
1. To go back to school one day. I did finish collage. I got a bachelors degree in Health Science from BYU and I even minored in Business Management, but I would still love to go back someday. I don't even know what I would study for sure. Maybe a Masters in Public Health or just another BS in something different. I just know I miss learning and school. And yes I know I am a dork. :)
2. To run a half marathon or full marathon with Tim. Way back in the day I used to run track and cross country in high school. I miss being in that kind of shape, especially after having a baby. So Tim and I have started to get up early and go running. He goes first and then I go when he gets back. It has only been a week but I already feel better. So we are going to try and get good enough to do a race. We'll see how it goes : )
3. To grow my hair long. I have attempted this many times, but have never been successful. I just like short hair and I know how to fix it. But I have always wanted to see what it would be like to have long hair, so this time I am really going to try. I guess to go along with that I should make a goal to learn how to fix long hair too. :)
3 Current Obsessions
1. Organizing my basement. I hate clutter. Since we have finished our basement I have gotten most of it done except the office/craft room. It is driving my crazy. I just keep the door closed and try not to think about it but it seriously bugs me. I am not even going to attempt it though until I can have some kid free time because it would quickly get out of hand and they always like to help when I start a project. So we'll see when that happens. : )
2. Harry Potter. I love those books. I have started rereading them and I am on number 5 and I just love them. I think only my sisters understand how much I love them because they love them just as much as I do. I have been hearing a lot lately about the Twilight series too. I have read the first book, but it was when I was first pregnant with Ashlyn and sick and tired all the time so I didn't get that into it. Then someone told me that the second and third books weren't very good so I haven't bothered reading them. But now I am wondering if I should. Has anyone read the second and third of that series? Are they any good?
3. Finding recipes with zucchini in them. I know weird but our garden is very fruitful. And we have lots of zucchini and yellow squash so I am always looking for new ways to fix it. So if anyone ever needs some zucchini please let us know : )
So thats it! It is so fun to read other peoples so I tag Elyse, Carissa, Jenn W., Jamie, and Kelly.

9 comments:
Kristin--I almost tagged you and then I thought, "no, she's probably too busy" so, I'm thrilled that you did it. About your fear of throw up: I need to get you together with one of my friends. She has nearly a pathological FEAR of this so it seems to happen all the time around her. And I loved the one about the deer too. (Now, though I have a new fear to contend with thanks to you!)
Loved reading your post!
I have an awesome recipe for zucchini cake... it is yummy!! I actually just finished making it. :-)Let me know if you want a copy...
Oh and the second Twilight book I do NOT like. But the third one was good again. :-) 4th one comes out tonight at 12:01...
i LOVE this! I am so glad you did it. Your little Ashlyn is sooo sweet.
I loved the Twighlight series. Couldn't put them down, but I am only now okay with admitting that.
love you!
ok I think I have comments about every single one of your things...I also love your kids, love hearing jace and brax call me aunt carissa, and if i could, i would hold Ashlyn all day. I loved the twilight series, i think i've read them almost as much as Harry Potter, which is definitely saying something. it's a different feel though than Harry Potter and you kind of have to get into it. The second one really makes you glad there's a third, and I really liked the third (it's my fave). Sometime I'll have to tell you the story of when I almost hit a deer driving home from a friend's house in Colorado, I screamed.
Also, I hope your garden of zucchini has sufficient for me and Tyler because I love it and also would like to try different things with it.
love you
PS i have your skirt
Princess Ashlyn, you are just too cute for words...we love you very much. What! we just noticed that your hair is lying down. You are beautiful!
Jace & Braxton...We loved seeing you in football gear. Papa and I can hardly wait for BYU's first game...we will be yelling and cheering with you. Go Cougars!
Love you all lots!
What a great tag and I am so excited to do it. It was great catching up on your family...my life has been a little crazy for blogging lately. I got a good laugh at your fear of deer. Do they even bite or get aggressive? Ashlyn looked so sweet in her blessing dress, I just wanted to hold her again! If you are ever in the Salt Lake area, let me know and maybe we can meet up. One more week and I get see my hubby again, yay!
I'll be sure to get on it. Sorry I didn't get to it before you left for Mexico, but just check my blog when you come home. I think the being afraid of deer thing is pretty funny...valid, but funny! I never did get into Harry Potter. I have never been to a real spa before, I'm sure it's heaven! And good for you for starting to run! Oh, and that zucchini cake you made us was fabulous!
I want your zucchini recipes...post some favorites if you get chance. Also, your baby is so sweet and your tag so interesting. I want to go back to school someday,too, so we can be dorks together.
Post a Comment