Dear Braxtie-Boo,
First off, sorry that is your nickname, but it has been since you were born and I don't think it is going anywhere. When we brought you home from the hospital 2 1/2 year old Jace couldn't say Braxton and just called you Braxtie. I thought it was cute and started calling you that too and later added the boo. Hopefully I will be able to stop it before you are in Junior High so I don't totally embarrass you.
Boy, time has flown with you my baby boy. It doesn't seem like that long ago it was May 2, 2006 and you were joining our family. You were my easiest labor and delivery so far, and were such a content little guy. You loved when I held you and I am glad I took the time to cuddle you when you were brand new and couldn't run away, because by the time you turned one you were running all over the place trying to do everything Jace did. You walked early and talked early and have been wanting to be one of the big boys almost as long as you have been alive.
I don't know if I love this, but you have no fear. I walked in your room the other day just in time for you to yell "Mommy, watch this" as you jumped off the top bunk. I thought for sure you would break something, but you jumped right up to try it again, before I told you not to. : ) You always go for the tallest slide, the biggest ladder, and the most daring stunts. You make me a nervous wreck at the park and I pray every day you don't break something before I can stop you. So far my prayers have been heard : )
You became the middle child a little sooner than I thought you would but you have been a prefect fit. Jace loves to play with you, but so does Ashlyn. You can run around with the big boys one minute and then crawl around with Ashlyn the next. I always worry if I am giving you enough attention between all of Jace's activities and doing everything for Ashlyn, so usually you will stay up a little later than the other two and that is just your time to talk to me and daddy and let us know everything you have been thinking. Some of the things you have asked me lately, "If you cut off all your hair mommy will you turn into a boy?" (thankfully, no), "why do you share your bed with daddy? He should get his own big boy bed." (No comment.) "If I keep getting bigger will I be a dinosaur one day? (no, you will always be a person.) You also recently decided to spill a full jar of pumpkin pie spice all over the kitchen floor just so you could use my new broom-vac to clean it up. Somehow you ended up blowing it all over the kitchen. That's just my Braxtie.
This next year you get to start full-time preschool, sports teams and Sunbeams. Let's hope there will be no more Legos up your nose, no more "blank" talk, and a few less messes. I also hope there are lots more smiles, laughs, hugs, kisses and funny questions. You are such a fun little guy and I love being your mom. Don't grow up too fast!
Love-
Your mommy
Party hats were a must this year.
His picture smile. Painful looking isn't it? I kept trying for a more natural smile but it was a no go. This is classic though.He had a great Birthday. Thanks for all our family who helped us celebrate. Next up...Ashlyn turns one on Saturday...I already feel the tears coming on. I am such a sentimental mess on my kids birthdays, especially the first. It is like they are officially not a little baby anymore. I will save it for Saturday though...

8 comments:
What a cute idea! I love the little letters. That will be so fun to look back at and read.
Happy Birthday to your cute kids!
That is a good idea! I can't believe he's 3 and Ashlyn is going to be 1!!!! wow, time flies.
Thanks for sharing Kristin. I enjoy your posts.
Happy Birthday!! Those pictures are so cute:) They grow up too fast!!
Ty and I read your post this morning on the way to work. It was AWESOME. We miss the kids sooo much. I'm sorry we missed Braxtie's bday and that we will miss Ashlyn's. Such beautiful babies:)
Wow! One years old?! Already? Crazy how fast that first years goes!
I like how you do Pizza and fruit...make it a little healthy. Knowing me, I'd do pizza and potato chips...probably add some root beer to that. The letters really are a great idea. I won't say I will try it, because I'm a little on the lazy side, but I should... :-) You guys are welcome over any time. Really!! If you feel better with an official invite... just tell when it's a good day for you. Jace and Ryan can play the Wii.
You are such a cute mom. Brax is lucky to have you.
Post a Comment