Has it been a year? Seriously?? It doesn't seem like it was that long ago that we were bringing you home for the first time and now you are a walking little bundle of one year old joy. You, my little princess, have been such a fun baby. (Except that whole stopping nursing thing, but we won't relive that good time again here.) I think it was a combination of your easy going personality and the fact that you were my third baby(and by extension I had to be more relaxed about things, or I would have gone crazy) but I have just loved this first year with you. It has been so fun to watch you do and experience all your firsts that this first year brings.
Can I thank you for being a girl too? This house needed a little pink in it and it has been so fun to dress you up this year. I love buying you dresses and hair bows and things like that, it is almost an addiction I think. Thanks for giving me a reason to venture over to the little girls side of clothing stores. (Which, by the way, are way better stocked than the little boys side. For boys you have like two options: shorts/pants, and t-shirts or collared shirts. For girls there are a million options, it has been nice to buy clothes without bugs or dinosaurs on them. ) I am already excited to have a mall/pedicure/chick-flick partner.
I hope your next year is as fun as your first. Watching you turn one was bittersweet. In so many ways you aren't that little baby we brought home a year ago, but in other ways you still are. So, on your birthday I watched you with smile on my face and a tear in my eye, which is probably the way I will watch you every birthday. I love you Ash, don't grow up too fast!
Love,
Your mommy
After farm country Ashlyn was starving so we got her one of her favorite meals, chicken nuggets that she dips in ketchup all by herself. It is messy, but she loves it.
I was talking to a good friend this past week who lives far away and she was complaining that I don't update this blog often enough. I told her if she got me a maid and/or a nanny I would update it every day. Somehow that turned into a small bet. She told me she would bet big that I couldn't post everyday for a week, I told her I could. So, get ready for a lot of the Prusses this week because I have a lot riding on posting every day for one week. I can't promise it will all be good, but it will be something.
Oh, and the title. MBAGU=My babies are growing up. My kids have all had big milestones in the last week or two that need writing about. Today was Ashlyn's turn. Tomorrow it will be Braxton and his adventures in potty training.

6 comments:
She is so adorable. I can't believe she is already 1. I love the picture of her in her little green shirt - she looks so grown up. I'm having issues lately with my kids growning up. i get way too emotional when they are doing anything that shows me how old they are getting. I think I even started to get teary reading your little letter. What is my problem?
Happy Birthday!! I can't believe she is a year old already...I swear you were just posting about having her :) What a little cutie and I can't wait to read a post from you every day this week ;)
Happy Birthday!! She is so cute!! I love her bright blue eyes! I love the picture of the kids in "jail":) Some days it would be nice to have one of those!!:) She is so adorable, can we set her up with Cayden someday??:)
What a cutie! I can't believe it's been a year! Wow, time flies. :-) I hope I can get a girl too so I can do all those fun girly things. I totally agree on the clothes - the boys side is like 1/4 the size of the girls usually! Happy birthday Ashlyn!
I think the second to the last picture is my FAVORITE! love the pigtails, and also, I love it because it's a very coy look:) Miss you!!!!
I cannot believe she is one! She is so cute! You are such a good mom Kristin!
Post a Comment