Wednesday, June 10, 2009

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

Well, I have run out of kids to write about. So you are left with me. I used to love watching Oprah's favorite things show just because I think it is fun to see what other people like. Also, sometimes you hear about something, you try it and it becomes one of your favorite things too. Today's post is just some of my favorite things. I will skip the obvious family, church, etc. answers because they are a given. These are just fun things that make me smile even if my day hasn't been perfect.

(I haven't really thought this out so I have no idea how long it will be. I am hungry though, so it might involve a lot of food favorites.)

1. Harry Potter books. Seriously if you haven't read them...DO!!! You won't be disappointed. They are so good. The movies are pretty good too, but the books are the best. Love of Harry Potter must be genetic though, because my sisters love him as much as I do. : )

2. Kneaders French Toast. Perfection. Really. Try them. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. If you eat them though you have to use ALL the delicious butter syrup they give you or it just isn't worth it.

3. Nordstrom Rack. They just opened one pretty close to me and I love to find good deals there because I love Nordstrom, but not the prices. This is the best of both worlds. Just like Hannah Montana, right Jenna?

4. The Office. The funniest TV show ever. The first season was a little rocky but it only got better after that. I dare you to watch "Conflict Resolution" and not laugh. I laughed out loud right now just thinking about Dwight's box of complaints against Jim.

5. Lobster Bisque soup from Zupas. I am normally not a huge fan of lobster, but this soup is heavenly. Creamy, delicious, it is my favorite soup, and I always have to get it when I go there.

6. Pride and Prejudice. I love the movie (with Keira Knightly) and I love the book even more. I read it at least once a year. My sister Elyse almost fainted when we saw the movie in the theater and Mr. Darcy came walking through the mist. He is the perfect romantic character. Who wouldn't want Darcy to walk towards them through the mist??

7. Cover Girl Lash Blast Mascara. The best I have ever used. The commercials don't lie, no clumps or anything.

8. Cookies from Paradise Bakery. If you haven't ever tried them, do...any flavor...they are all amazing. If you don't like cookies, you might want to leave now because I am not sure we can be friends, but just in case for some reason you don't, try their carrot cake too. It is so moist and yummy with perfect frosting. If you don't like cookies or carrot cake then you really should leave because we just would never get along. : )

9. BYU. I just drive past the campus and smile...so many good memories. Like the time my roommates and I all bought leather pants and wore them to Fall Fling. Or meeting Tim. Or staying in the JKHB all night studying for a final....good times.

10. Cafe Rio pork salad. I never, ever, ever get tired of them. Who knew food in a tin could be so good?

11. Disney World. Maybe it is because I grew up in the same city as WDW, but I LOVE it. Nobody does things better than Disney, it is definitely worth the trip to FL. I can't wait to take my kids.

12. ABBA. Try listening to Dancing Queen without smiling...or dancing. Just try.

Well, I am tired and that it all that I want to think of. All 12 things are wonderful and fully endorsed by me, even though no one asked me too. Like I said, I love hearing people's favorite things. Do you have any you want to share???

5 comments:

Kelly said...

I love that Lobster soup too. And I'm not a fan of sea food. I also LOVE cookies, but I really don't like Carrot Cake...can we still be friends? I totally agree about Abba, I actually have them in my cd player right now. Seriously, I perma-grin through the whole cd. And I was a fan BEFORE the movie Mamma Mia came out! This is a good idea though, I might just do my favorite things.

Shelli said...

Oh, I love ABBA. I remember having sleep overs with my friends and dancing and singing to ABBA all night long. Your favorite things were fun to read! I am impressed that you are really going to blog everyday. I will have to admit, when I read that you were going to I didn't think that you would do it.

Stan and Jamie said...

This has been great...keep it up!! I love Cafe Rio's sweet pork tacos, I haven't had the salad though...I've heard it's really good, I'll have to try it! I had to laugh at the memory of fall fling and the sweet pleather pants...or whatever they were made of :)

Heather said...

I loved reading about your favorite things!!! I LOVE the french toast too!! It is so good:)

Cissy said...

Hey, super blogger woman. I'm enjoying catching up with you. And I have comments: Yes, to BYU...I love taking the kids there and reminiscing. Yes, to P & P... but I'm faithful to the old Colin Firth version. Yes, to The Office...it's always my antidote to my other favorite, Lost.

Hope to see you in person sometime this summer. Do you ever come down on Sundays? Our clan is always gathered you-know-where for Sunday dinner, and I'm sure we would all love to see the fabulous Prusses.