-The main water line coming into our house broke last Thursday. It flooded the back part of our basement. Servicemaster has come every day since then.
-We have 13 industrial sized blowers/dehumidifiers going.
-They are loud.
-I am excited for them to leave.
-It could have been a lot worse, thankfully we have a drain in our storage room that saved us from a full basement flood.
-Little boys and clean bathrooms are mutually exclusive.
-Little boys have bad aim. (see above)
-Ashlyn is now in a girly room, in a big girl bed.
-Out of all the kids, she was the oldest when we moved her out of the crib.
-It was overdue.
-She loves her new room.
-So do I. It makes me happy.
-I will post some pictures when we finish the boys' room and the new baby's room too.
-Jace wants to name the new baby Alyssa or Sydney, both girls he is friends with at school.
-We don't know what to name her.
-Any suggestions would be appreciated.
-Can I really only have 53 days left?
-The fourth pregnancy goes much faster than the first.
-I am getting bigger by the minute.
-I don't mind, because so far all looks good, and the little one is growing well.
-Ten years ago this month was our first date and our first kiss. They were separated by only a few days...more than two, less than ten.
-In the winter I usually only wash my hair twice a week. Is that gross? I do usually use dry shampoo one of the other days. My hair just doesn't get that greasy. Or maybe it does and I am just in denial. (That doesn't mean I only shower twice a week. That would really be gross)
-The kids and I did a 5k on Saturday for a great cause. I say "did" instead of "run" because there was no running involved. Only walking. Or I think I might have had the baby right there. Thanks to Jenna and Brennan for walking it with us.
-Fall is my favorite time of the year for baking.
-Potty training is hard. Especially when your daughter is so scared of the potty she shakes with fright every time she uses it.
-I am really excited to see HP7 on Friday. The only tickets I could get were for 10:10pm and I told my friend that we are doubling with I must be getting old because that means I will be out past 1:00, which seems really late to me.
- I am excited to do another half marathon. It is on the calender for June 11, 2011. Tim is running this one with me. I like to tease him that I will beat him, but we both know that isn't true. He is too competitive and would probably run till he died before letting me win. Plus he ran 7 miles cold turkey once with me while I was training for my last race. Who does that? Like 7 miles is no big deal.
-If you want to join us, you should. It will be a good time. Let me know and I will get you the race info. : )
-I am getting really excited for Christmas.
-I have yet to buy one gift.
-I need to get on that.
-At Jace's parent/teacher conference his teacher said he was an exceptional student and always a pleasure to have in class, I love hearing stuff like that. We let him pick somewhere to go to dinner as a reward, and he picked "the apple place" aka Applebees. All the kids loved the spinich and artichoke dip. I was just happy we made it through a sit down restraunt dinner with out any major meltdowns or spills. : )
-Braxton taught himself to do a front flip. Then he taught Jace. Brax has no fear. Unless there is a dog around.
-His big blue eyes melt me, even though I try to be tough on him every once in a while.
-Here are some pictures of the last couple months : )
One of the boys favorite things to do is set the self timer on the camera and capture amazing self-portraits. Like these two.
They were two of about two hundred.
Jace turned 7. He had a friends party, a family party, went to Village Inn for breakfast and went bowling. And he was off-track, so no school. It was pretty much perfect.
Jace was the Dark Knight Batman for Halloween. He corrected anyone who left out the Dark Knight part, which is ironic because he has never see either of the two new Batman movies.
Braxton was Luke Skywalker. He has seen that movie and he was the cutest little Jedi.
Ashlyn was a ladybug. Her favorite thing about the costume was that it came with a ladybug "purse".
We carved pumpkins and cleaning out the inside grossed her out.
Here is our pipe that caused so much drama. After we got the water turned off.
If there is one thing I will do as a mother, so help me, it is teach my boys how to take care of themselves. That includes laundry, cleaning, ironing and cooking! If they end up single, they can survive, if they are married they will be great helps to their wives. Just like their daddy.Lesson 1 was in cooking. Yesterday Jace made this pumpkin pie with minimal supervision by me. Here it is fresh out of the oven. He was so proud of it. We called in Jace's pumpkin pie and it was really good.
-Seriously, this baby has no name. Any and all suggestions would be great : )

9 comments:
That is horrible that your water line broke!! I am glad it didn't flood your entire basement, but any part of the basement isn't fun!! Since you asked, Samantha or Kara:) Your amazing to even be thinking about running a 1/2 marathon anytime soon:) Loved the pictures!! Ashlyn's costume was so cute, especially the purse!!
I hate basement floods . . . we've already had two in this house and both were nights that Christian was on call . . . i ran crying to the neighbor across the street:) I really do want to get together and not just say so this time . . . can't wait for this baby to come so i can quit work and have "play dates". Let's plan!
no fun about the flood...we haven't lived in a house with a basement yet to get to experience that joy, but I'm guessing it stinks! I really can't believe that you only have 52 days left of your pregnancy either! My fourth went by crazy fast, so I definitely agree with you on that one! And sorry I'm out of the baby naming department but Kamille didn't have a name until about an hour AFTER she was born :( (so don't feel too bad)
*Sorry about the flood! That has got to suck. I hope it gets dried out really soon!
*You are hilarious! Everything you said was so funny. I'd point out specifics, but it really was the whole post!
*Don't think I'm creepy, but your boobs look really great in that picture. Maybe it's because Jace's arm was right between them? Or maybe it's because you have great pregnancy hormones! Who knows? :-) p.s. I don't normally look at other girls' boobs, so that mean they must really look good. lol!
*As for baby names. You could you Kelly. I give you permission. :-) But if that's not cool enough for you...I've always liked the name Alana, or Whitney or Sophia (but I know Sophie is super popular right now, and you might not want to), or Stella. Love all those!
*I too, don't get the Y U rivalry thing. Of course you want your own team to win...but I don't wish the other team to lose (unless they're playing us).
*It is SO not gross you don't wash your hair often. It's good for your hair!
*Is this comment long enough for you?? Should I make it longer?
*I won't, I'll stop now.
I love the name Sydney. Plus its cute when a sibling names the baby. You do look great! And yes we are in for the 1/2!!!
Ty and I both agree that you should definitely name her Lila:)
haha, I LOVE those pictures, oh my gosh! They are hilarious. I need to see you and your children ASAP. I'm sad I missed out on the 5K. And, can you believe only like 6 weeks and you'll have another baby?? That's like, no time at all! We need to have a girls' day/baby showerish thing for you soon. Love you guys!
Hi Kristin! There is some good news regarding your broken pipe.....you weren't in Denmark, and then robbed five days later! HA!! ("I walked on the moon....") Sorry about that broken pipe, though. We feel your pain, and are acquainted with industrial strength fans and dehumidifiers more than we would like. And I have no suggestions for baby names. I think that is why we only had four kids. That's all the names we could think of.
this is the only way i know to get a hold of you so i hope you get this. I'm getting christmas cards ready to send out. can you send me your address?
brockandjulie@gmail.com
thanks! your family is adorable. hope all is well.
Post a Comment