Sunday, February 10, 2008

Back to the Craziness

It has been a pretty crazy week around here. The boys both got over their sicknesses at the beginning of the week (thankfully), I am still trying to kick my cold but am so glad the boys are back to normal. They are both back to their crazy selves. : ) For instance, one day this week when I was doing laundry (I honestly can't remember which day it was...sometimes they are all kind of a blur together : ), I had finished folding a load and was putting it away and realized I didn't know where either of the boys had gone. I found them in the laundry room with Braxton knocking on the dryer and I open it to find Jace inside under a clean load that had just finished drying. He told me it was his favorite hiding place now. I told him how dryers are just for clothes not people, but a little while later I found him giving Braxton a boost into the dryer and telling him how fun it would be when he shut the door. So, I guess my message about dryers not being for people didn't really sink in.
On Monday I was trying to clean up after another weekend and finally had a little more energy since the boys were better (and therefore sleeping better). I got a lot done and was making a mental list of little projects I needed to get done too, like clean out the fridge and freezer, clean the blinds, wash the baseboards, etc. I still had a sinus infection so I couldn't smell anything and by dinner time I was so tired. So, we ordered some pizza so I wouldn't have to cook anything. After we ate Tim opened the fridge to put the leftovers away, and said "What is that smell?" I reminded him how I couldn't smell anything at all, then he opened the freezer and a bunch of water splashed onto the floor. Yep, our fridge and freezer weren't working, and since I couldn't smell anything I had gone the entire day without noticing. By that time, everything in the freezer had melted or defrosted and a lot of the food in the fridge had gone bad. Two bright spots in this situation were 1) Since I couldn't smell anything I didn't really mind cleaning out all the nasty food and 2) It forced me to clean out and scrub down the fridge and freezer, which really needed to be done but I don't know when I would have made time to do it. The downsides should be obvious. : ) We had a repair man come the next day and he told us our whole main board was bad....great. So, we replaced it and now it works great and is sparkeling clean!
Now for some pictures to enjoy...I decided to start with the scary one first. : )



So, for those of you who don't live close, I really am pregnant. Here is the proof. Not a great picture but you get the idea. 25 weeks.
Braxton and Elmo. He wanted me to tuck them both into my bed for a nap while Jace was at preschool.
We took the boys sleding yesterday. They had so much fun.

Here is Braxton's first solo run.

Jace going down the hill.

Jace found this hat in our winter things box. It is from Ukraine where Tim served his mission. Jace thought it made him look like a rabbit.

Last Sunday, and all of our snow. We were making a good effort to get to church but there was just too much snow.


We are 99% done with the framing in our basement. Here is one of our best workers.

They both like to think they can work just like the big boys.


Jace standing in front of what will be a bedroom and a bathroon. He insisted on jumping into every picture I took.

Jace and his friend Zac recreating his soup masterpiece from last week. Doesn't it look appatizing? :)


This was before they started their first day of framing. Looking into what will be our family room.
Tim's Uncle Frank. One of the kind souls who agreed to help us.

Tim's Uncle Dennis, who was the foreman of the project. We can't thank them enough!


My brother Tyler has been great too, coming up to help two Saturdays in a row. Here is his one mistake...he decided to cover up this window. Uncle Frank is looking for the best way to fix it. Tyler took care of it and now we have a window in that room again :)

Sorry the pictres are a little out of order. This is from last Sunday too, and why we gave up on going to church that week. This is our neighbor who tried to go and got stuck in the middle of the road. They were the second ones this had happened to, so we decided not to be the third. : )


Sorry for any spelling errors. It is late and spellcheck has decided not to work.

7 comments:

Nana said...

Kristin & Tim,
We loved the pictures. Gives us a peek into your new basement...Jace looks a lot taller...Braxton must have gotten a new haircut...and you, Kristin, look wonderfully pregnant.
Our love,
Nana ;0)

Stan and Jamie said...

now that's a great picture of your belly!! So cute! And your basement looks like it will be awesome!! I can't believe all that snow!...I don't think I would've even tried to get out of that!!

Rebekah said...

Well that was a great update! I am glad the boys are better and hopefully you will be tip top in no time! That fridge story is hilarious and very unfortunate! Your belly is popping out so cute now, and your basement....how exciting! What a busy life you lead!

Eden said...

I think you look radiant and gorgeous in your pictures. I'm excited for you and Tim and your sweet boys.

The Ellsworths said...

Busy lady! It looks like you are enjoying the snow while we are enjoying the 75 degree weather here. ha ha! I know, I'll get my fair share soon, but until then... Ha ha!!
You look awesome, by the way, and I am so excited to see you in a couple of weeks!

Lindsay said...

Yay! You posted a belly-pic! Loved the update- So sorry about your sinus infection! UGH! But hilarious that you couldn't smell the nastiness. love you!

L&M said...

super long post, but loved it anyway!!! PREGO PICS!!! whoo-hoo!!