Saturday, February 23, 2008
A Hot Night at our House
So the night started out pretty normally. We ate dinner and then I was cleaning up and doing other misc. things while the kids played. Tim left to go to his parents house to do some work, so I finished up my things and then started to get the kiddos ready for their bath. The water ended up being a little hotter than they normally have it, but nothing crazy. So when I got them out and we were brushing teeth and toweling off, I thought that I was just extra warm becuase of being around the hot water. Then we moved to Braxton's room where I got their lotion and jammies on...but by that time I was sweating. I thought I was having some kind of hormonal hot flash or something. I was walking to the kitchen wondering if you have hot flashes before preterm labor when the mystery was solved. I saw a stool in front of the thermostat and went and checked it out. Some little person (Jace) had turned up the heat to 95 degrees!! No wonder I was sweating! I don't know how long it had been going but it had made it up to 85 which is way hotter than the 71 or 72 we normally have it set at. I pulled Jace out to tell him it was a big no-no to touch those buttons and he told me he wanted it at 95 because that was Lightning McQueens (the main character in Cars) number. So anyways, by then I had the boys in their winter fleece jammies and they couldn't fall asleep becuase it was so hot. I opened some windows and of course turned the heat down to try and help but now it is 10:15 and I am hoping they are finally asleep. The last time I checked it had cooled down to 77. The night did bring back memories of sweating it out when we lived in AZ! : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey Jace is like my hero. K i just figured out how to post a comment on this thing so sorry this has gone undone for so long. But ya tell Jace and Braxton i said hi and ask Tim if he needs help on the basement.
Brennan
Monkeys
SOOOOOO FUNNY!! I read it to my family (my parents are visiting) and we all had a good laugh. SO innocent --"like Lightening McQueens number"..Love it.
Post a Comment