Here they are on the top bunk ready for bed. Braxton really liked being up there with Jace. They were so excited to be able to sleep in their new bunk beds, it took them a while to fall asleep. When they did though, they slept really well.
They slept in pretty late this morning, and then I heard them laughing in their room. So I went in to find this. Brax had climbed up in bed with Jace. Jace is just pretending to sleep....and Braxton is trying to pretend. He was snoring with his eyes open. : ) (I checked on them throughout the night, and Brax was always in his bed so I know he had just climbed up there when he woke up. ) So, bunk beds are so far a success. They are both good at going up and down the ladder so we are hoping there won't be any falls from the top. Last week I did go through all their clothes and box up the things that don't fit, so now I just need to move Braxton's clothes into his new room. I am glad I am having another baby because I can't believe my Brax is in a big boy bed. Me: Guys, what do you think we should name baby sister?
Jace: Slinky Dog.
Braxton: Poop
Me: Those area silly names...how about some nice names.
Jace: Stinky Pants
Braxton: Burp
(losts of laughing from the boys)
So yeah, we are still at square one. If anyone has any suggestions to top theirs we would be happy to hear them. : )
Tomorrow I have another doctor's appt. Last week he said that tomorrow's appt. would be to check my progress and, if I wanted, to set a date to be induced depending on how much I am dilated. It will probably be sometime next week. So I think that kind of kicked us into gear to get a lot of things done. On Saturday, it was a pretty nice day, so I decided to plant flowers outside in our yard because I knew it wouldn't get done if I didn't do it then. So, I spent the late afternoon planting 50+ flowers all over our yard. Tim wasn't home then, so they boys jumped on the trampoline and stuff and played pretty good just on their own until they decided they wanted to take a ride in their jeep when I was about half way done planting. I was like, okay sure, it will feel good not to bend over for a while. We got down our street and then another, then the battery ran out. Great...so then I pushed them all they way home in their jeep. I am sure it was a wonderful sight for all the neighbors. : ) The flowers all got planted though, and I slept really well that night because I was sooo tired after. I am hoping they all take and look pretty for the rest of the summer. I am feeling pretty good for the most part though and really can't believe that my little girl will be here with us by next week. I will post tomorrow or the next day to give an update on what the plan is after I go to the doctor.
One closing comment...we are going to Mexico in August on vacation so I want to hurry up and lose all my baby weight. I found that the only motivation I will need is to keep Jace around. When we were at Olive Garden he was sitting next to me. At one point he turned and looked at me and said "Mommy, you have a very, very very, biggie big bottom" Ummm, thanks Jace. So I said "Oh, do you have a big bottom?" No. "Does daddy have a big bottom?" "No mommy, just you." So if that isn't motivation I don't know what is : )

6 comments:
Kristin & Tim,
We LOVED the pictures of the boys...especially the one of the two of them tucked onto the top bunk together. How precious!
A big Hug and Kiss to Jace and
Braxton!
Our suggestions for this new little girl...Ashley Renae,Sophie Ann,Samantha Andrea, Bethany, Angie, Claire, Amber, Chandler,Abbey,Gretchen,Kassandra,
Makenzie,and if you wanted an African name ...Nolufefe and Precious are popular.
Love, Nana & Papa ;0)
Hey Kristin! Your journaling is hilarious and I loved the dialogue of the boys picking a name for their sister. I hope my boys will be good buddies too and I look forward to getting them bundkbeds too. You are so busy so close to your delivery...I hope you find some time to relax a little more!
Oh don't you just love little boys, if they're not coming up with silly names for babies, they are telling you how big you're getting!! ;) Fun times had by all!
kristin, i think that the things kids say really make all the hard work worth it sometimes....:)especially the big bottom one. i mean biggie bum or whatever--just be grateful they didn't say that to the person standing in front of you at the grocery store...
Okay they are ADORABLE in their little bunk beds! I can't believe how big they're both getting. So crazy. And I can't believe you're delivering so soon! Ah! Did he give you an induction date?
Ok, so what's the news??? Do you have three children now?? When will it be??
I love the boys' room. So cute. Bunk beds are the coolest, aren't they? They are getting so big!
Hope you are feeling well!
Post a Comment