Saturday, December 22, 2007

Almost Christmas...

We have been so busy getting ready for Christmas I have been really bad about posting. Yesterday was our 6th wedding anniversary. It was such a fun day. Tim took the day off of work and my sisters were nice enough to come up and babysit for us. (Thanks Jenna and Elyse!) We went out to dinner, went shopping, saw a movie, got ice cream, did more shopping...it was great. I was reminded again of what a great decision I made 6 years ago. So in honor of that here are 6 great things about Tim...

1. He is so mellow and relaxed, which is great to balance me out : ) He never yells, hardly ever even gets upset, is quick to forgive or overlook my not-so relaxed moments :) He is great with the boys too. Never yells or is harsh with them. I love that about him.

2. He puts always puts me and the boys first. I know he would do anything for us.

3. He cracks me up. He doesn't care if he looks crazy or silly or what other people think. He knows he doesn't have the best voice but he still sings loud and crazy for the boys and they love it. :)

4. He is so smart. He can figure almost anything out. He got A's in all his accounting and Macc classes at BYU and passed the CPA exam on the first try. He can also do math in his head which is so impressive to me because that is way beyond me : )

5. He is a hard worker which kind of goes along with being smart. He always finishes everything he starts and does a great job. Just come check out our landscaping which he redid/finished himself this past summer.

6. Too many other things to list all of them...patient, kind, good-looking, he has it all : )

Okay...he will be really embarrassed if he reads this but oh well. Too late. : )

Other events of the past week or so have been going on The Polar Express, Christmas parties, Uncle Tyler's birthday (24!), and getting over ear infections. ( I am just glad to get them over with before Christmas)

Two kind of funny stories to end with...

Jace woke up Wed. night about midnight crying and saying that his ear hurt really bad. (okay that isn't so funny...) I knew he must have an ear infection so I gave him some Motrin to help him get through the night. The next morning I packed the boys up and took them to the doctor to get Jace's ears checked. She said that he had an infection in the ear he was complaining about and was starting to get step throat (which I was just getting over) so he got a prescription for some antibiotics which would clear both up really quick. Braxton was there and running around and had not acted sick in anyway...sleeping and eating great, not fussy, just his happy little self, but I thought I should just have her check him really quick to see if he was starting to get anything so we could stop it before it got bad. Well, she checked him and said that both of his ears were infected...worse than Jace's! I couldn't believe it because he had been so happy. He has nerves of steel in his ears! If he falls down though and bonks anything it is major tears...I just couldn't believe he was so happy and no fever with such bad ear infections! So now they are both on medicine and feeling much better...

Since Tim's parents are in South Africa on a mission Tim uses Skype to talk to them on the computer. We have a little desktop microphone that he uses and then of course the computer speakers. Well, Jace has seen him use it and has used it a little himself and thought it was so cool. So one morning, after Tim had talked to them the night before as Jace was getting in bed, Jace got up and turned the computer on, hooked the microphone back up and said "Nana, Papa are you there? Are you there? It is me, Jace. I am on the computer. (waited a couple seconds) Where are you? I need to tell you more things I want for Christmas! It was cute. He thought they would always be there on the computer ready to talk to him : )

I will try to post some pics tonight of the Polar Express : )

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Tim has worshiped you from day 1. I remember the way he looked at you! I can't believe you didn't believe me when I told you he liked you. It was SO obvious. You, Tim and I went to lunch once and I remember thinking, "Neither one of these two remember I am even here, they are in their own little universe!" Congrats on 6 years!

Stan and Jamie said...

Merry Christmas! And congrats on 6years! That is so exciting! I still smile when I think of you guys getting married, fun times to remember!!! I'm glad your little guys got healthy for Christmas! That would not have been fun! Hope you're feeling well!