The past few weeks have been so fun I just don't know where to start! We have had so much fun with a break from our usual routine and have played and played. This week it is back to the reality of work, preschool, bedtimes, etc. though which means the kids are in bed and I have time to actually post something. I will warn you though, this post will contain no pictures. :( We have two computers at home right now, one has a CD/DVD drive and all our picture software but no working Internet and the other has working Internet but no CD drive to load our picture software on and thus no pictures. So I have to burn pictures from one computer and send them to work with Tim where he emails them to me and THEN I can post them. Tim assures me that fixing the other computers Internet is at the top of his to do list...so. Anyways, long, boring excuse for no pictures right now. Another WAY more fun excuse is that my parents got me the new camera I wanted for my birthday!!! I was so excited and have already filled up the memory card. Now I just have to make time to load the software and pics on the computer. So hopefully soon there with be lots of pictures to come. : )
In the meantime here were some of the highlights of our Christmas 2007:
*Going to Olive Garden on Christmas Eve with all of the Rasmussen family then going to my parents house to read the Christmas story, open a present, write a letter to Santa, set out cookies for Santa and then all sleep downstairs in the basement
*Getting up Christmas morning and finding out Santa had come. The boys got very spoiled but loved opening all their presents. Braxton mostly loved to throw the wrapping paper around after he had torn it off but liked his toys once we showed him they were more than just a picture on a box. Jace got very excited over each present, not just his. He would always say "Wow, what did you get?" and tried to be very patient about waiting for his turn to come around in the present opening. Some of their favorite toys were a Power Wheels Jeep, a home ski ball game (Jace), a HUGE tonka truck (Brax-it is so big he can climb in the back dumpster part and ride in it) Meet the Robinsons video, Leapster games, Cars race tracks, etc...
*Seeing how excited Tim was when he opened two of his favorite gifts which were an authentic BYU football field helmet and game day home BYU football jersey with Prusse lettered on the back and signed by Bronco Mendenhall (the coach). He has decided our TV room in our basement will be decorated in all BYU things so he is framing the jersey and putting the helmet in a display box. Even Jace knows how excited this made him, because whenever we talk about what we got for Christmas or anything about Christmas Jace says "Daddy did you get a BYU helmet? Do you love it?" The other night when we were putting the boys to bed we were talking about some things were were grateful for in the past year and Tim said he was grateful for Jace and Braxton. Jace looked at him and said "No Daddy, you aren't grateful for me and Braxton, you are grateful for BYU!"
*Going to see Alvin and the Chipmunks with all the Ras family. This was more of a highlight for Jace and Brax who both liked it, especially Jace who wants to go see it again. I can't say the same for myself and you will know what I mean if you have had the pleasure of seeing it : )
*All the great food, fun games (especially Guitar Hero) and time with family. It was so fun for me to see how much fun the boys had this year. Braxton loved the Christmas trees and would say "Miss-miss me" everytime he saw one. I am so grateful for my little family and all of our wonderful family on both sides. We thought a lot about Tim's parents all the way around the world and are grateful for the example they are setting for our future missionaries.
We hope that all of you had a great Christmas and New Year! I will post again soon with pictures and to let you know if this little baby is a boy or girl because we find out on Wednesday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You HAVE to call me when you find out! I am so excited for you. Sorry we didn't match up again this time, but they can still be buddies when they get older. :0) Hope you had a great Christmas. We miss you!!
Girl or Boy??!!!!!!! 2 more days! I want some pics- Sounds like Christmas was awesome! Miss you!
Post a Comment