I am sitting here at the kitchen table watching Jace make soup. I have been sick with a bad cold all week and so he has decided to make me some soup. So far the ingredients are: water, lemon juice, flour, sugar, chili powder, chicken boullion cubes, baking powder, and minced onions. He has stirred everything together and poured it into a Tupperware bowl and put it into the oven (which is not on--I am not that out of it). He even set the timer to four minutes. I am really hoping that he doesn't ask me to eat it when it comes out. : ) Braxton is napping, which is great because he has had a bad cold too AND is getting 4 new teeth. He got it first actually so it is starting to wind down. Jace got it too, but very mild so far, which I am grateful for.
Tim has been completely spared so far. His big project this past Saturday was starting to frame our basement. His uncle Dennis is experienced in that and has been incredibly kind to offer his services. His other uncle Frank came over and helped too, as well as my brothers Tyler and Brennan, and Tyler's roomate Porter. They were able to get a lot of it done and will be working on it this Saturday too and then should be done with the framing. Yeah! I have been taking pictures as the work has progressed so will post some when they are done with the framing. Tim has drawn all the plans himself, (he had them looked at by a pro though, just to make sure they would work) and has been working really hard to get it started and it is looking great! It will be so nice when it is done. If you would have come to our house in the last month you would see why we need the space because you would have walked in the front door and right into a train village. It is huge and once you stepped over and around that you would have stepped on some Cars or something else : )
Tim has really been into watching all the debates and everything about the presidential election for the past few months. I am marginally interested and try to stay on top of everything so I can carry on a conversation with him. He is a big Mitt Romney supporter, which is one of the main reasons he has been so into it. There have been several debates over the last little bit, with the last one happening last night. He really likes watching them, but as they have gone on I have enjoyed them less and less. I realized this is because they have been getting more and more confrontational with more personal attacks. Watching this kind of stuff doesnt bother Tim or a lot of people but I hate it! It just made me wonder if I was the only one that was uncomortable (that is putting it mildly--I haven't even watched the last 3 or 4) watching these supposed leaders attack each other? I realize that I preach "no fighting" all day to two rambuctious boys but I didn't think it had made me so soft : )
Other than starting the basement, things are pretty much the same around here. We are getting a little tired of being cooped up in the house, but is has been so snowy and COLD (highs in the 20's) that we don't venture out too many places. I am getting anxious for spring time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Can I just say again how glad I am that you have a blog!! It's just fun to keep up with you guys! I'm excited to see your basement pictures, that's awesome that you guys are doing it yourselves!! I'm sure you'll love the new space!!!
This was a good post, it was like I was talking to you! I feel the same way about the debates I just finished the debate from a few days ago with Tay, and it made me uncomfortable. These are GROWN men? Seriously... I just can't stand McCain either, so that doesn't help. I like how Jace was making you soup. What a sweetheart! You are a super woman for being sick yourself, having sick kids and being pregnant. It just stresses me out thinking about it!
Oh, and tell Tim I am very impressed with his skills!
Post a Comment