Friday, April 18, 2008

Just Some Things I Want to Remember

There have been lots of things lately that I have meant to write down that I thought were cute, funny or just made me think and I am finally getting around to it.

First Happy Birthday this week to my sweet hubby. I can't believe he is going to be 29, especially when I think about how he was only 21 when we started dating. I know I always say how great he is on this blog, and you are probably tired of hearing it but it is true! He is just such a genuinely good person and does so many things for other people that go completely unnoticed. Two quick examples just from the last week.
One, last Saturday was a crazy day for him. He had a looooong list of things he needed to get to and had stayed up until about 2 am on Friday trying to get some other things done. On top of that he had a cold. Enough to make most people chop their list in half and sleep in right? Well, he also knew there was a new family moving into our neighborhood and went down to make sure they had enough help moving in and that the people that were asked to help showed up. Well, no one else showed up...so Tim stayed and helped them move everything in, welcomed them to the neighborhood and the ward and just got to know them a little. Never said anything about the other people who didn't come or questioned why he was the only one, just did what he could.

Two, we signed Jace up for T-ball again a few weeks ago with one of his little friends. The seasons opening day kick-off was this past Wednesday. Well, last week Tim gets a call from the director of the program saying the coach for the team had bailed at the last minute and they were desperate for a coach and calling all the parents, with no luck. At first Tim just said no. He explained there was a reason he didn't volunteer in the first place and that he just had a lot of extra things going on right now with work and that he didn't think it could work out. They ended the conversation and hung up. Within the hour Tim called him back and said he had rethought it and would make it work and was happy to help. He just said he felt it was the right thing to do...help out in the community when we are asked. So now he can add T-ball coach to his resume : ) Their team is so cute. I will post pics from a game soon.

He is such a great husband and father and his boys adore him. I love love love him and hope his next 29 years are great too! : ) I will post some pics from his b-day soon too.

Next just some things I want to remember for later...

-Jace, thankfully, is not a bed wetter. He has wet the bed just a handful of times since he has been potty trained and it has been quite a while. So a couple of weeks ago, in the middle of the night, I hear him get up and rummage around in the linen closet. I wait just a second to wake completely up and make sure I am not hearing things. I hear him go back to his room with something and so I get up to see what is going on. I go in his room to find him trying to spread out a bath towel over his bottom sheet in just his underwear. He had wet the bed (accidentally of course) and had tried to change his clothes and make his bed fit to sleep in without telling anyone! He said he was so sorry that he wet the bed and I just thought how sweet he was to feel so bad about it. So I gave him a hug and told him it was okay and that I knew it was just an accident and helped him get some clean jammies on and sent him to lay in my bed while I changed his bedding. I just thought it was such a perfect glimpse into his personality. He feels so bad when he thinks he has done something wrong and is so sad if he ever has to go to the "red chair" at preschool. I love his sensitive little heart.

-Brax has become my singing sensation. He loves to sing. Some of his favorites are "Monkeys Swinging in the Tree and/or Jumping on the Bed". Sometimes he combines them, which is funny. He also loves "A Peanut Sat on the Railroad Track". He usually likes me to sing with him but if I am doing it "wrong" to him he will look at me and very seriously say "Stop singing mommy" and will keep it up until I stop and he tells me the "right" way. I love it, it is so cute to hear his little tiny voice sing out a whole song. On a slightly grosser note, but still something funny I want to remember, he has started lately to be very fascinated with picking his nose. He will come over to me picking his nose and ask me where all the boogies are. If he does happen to get one, it is very exciting and he will say "Mommy, what is it?" and I say "You tell me what it is", then he says "A big boogie" with a huge smile on his face. It cracks me up, but even so I am not encouraging it and explain how it is not good to pick our noses. It hasn't sunk in yet though and, unfortunately, Jace isn't the best example of this to him. : )

The weather this week has been crazy. I think we have had it all... rain, snow, wind and sun. Today was the first really beautiful day this week. We loved it. I think it even got up to like 65 or so. The boys and I went to the park tonight and had fun going on the swings and slides. Brax cracked me up because he has no concept of how little he is. He climbed (with help) all of the the biggest ladders, rope climbing things, and went on all the biggest slides with Jace. He always wanted to go higher on the swings and nothing looked too challenging to him. It was just so funny to see this little one year old climbing and running around with all the big kids. And tonight Jace was even one of the smaller ones there so Brax looked extra small. I guess that is what happens when you have a big brother to follow around. : )

Just one more thought...I love the sweetness of my little guys. I was thinking this week of how they are so accepting and loving without having any strings attached. I know it is the same with all little kids. They are just so quick to love, and even quicker to forgive and forget and move on. It is sad to me that we lose so much of that simplicity as adults. I just see how quick to judge we sometimes become, usually without knowing the whole situation or the circumstances behind the reasons people do things. And it just becomes so much harder for us to genuinely forgive, forget and move on. I love that my kids remind me that it doesn't have to be complicated, just love people! To them, once sorry is said, it is over and that is it. I know it can't always be quite that simple but just a good goal to strive for. I love love love them and love being their mom.

Sorry for such random thoughts, just things I wanted to remember before too much time passed and I didn't really remember them anymore! : ) Pictures of the b-day boy coming soon...

6 comments:

Goose said...

Thanks for sharing Kristin.

Stan and Jamie said...

That was a very cute post and I just noticed that you only have 37 days left until the baby girl is here! That is so exciting! I'm sure you're feeling like it's a long time, but to me it will go by fast!! Ha Ha! Hope you're doing great!

Anonymous said...

Oh that is precious...it still cracks me up when Jace and Brax do such intelligent things for their age. It is so fun to see them grow and develop personalities! And I am excited to see how the girl turns out -- she'll have to be pretty spunky to put up with those two!

guerita buenita said...

you're the best mommy! I can't wait to see the new little baby girl. I don't know if Tyler has shared my "little" obsession with babies...(somehow little and obsession don't go well together:) I think you will have plenty of volunteer babysitting...if Grandma and elyse and jenna don't got it all:))

Lindsay said...

Great post. I love that Jace didn't want anyone to know he wet the bed. What a sweetheart. You are such a good mom, I can tell. and Tim is SO lucky to have you. He IS such a great guy, and I am glad you are so happy. I love you!

Brennan said...

It is so funny to see Jace and Braxton grow up with their corky little personalities. LOve you guys.
Brennan