First, the picture below is from our backyard yesterday around 11 am. I am seriously sick of snow and cold. Tim and I went on a date last night and were saying that we couldn't remember what it was like to walk outside and be warm. I wish someone would tell the weather it is April. Because of all the snow I have had to figure out more ways to keep the boys busy inside. That is why I have recently introduced them to the wonderful world of Blockbuster. Before we would usually rent movies from Redbox at the grocery store, but one time they didn't have a movie I really wanted so we ventured over to Blockbuster. The boys now LOVE it. We have gone once a week for like the last 3 weeks. I let each of them pick out a video and I get one for Tim and I. Jace usually makes his selection within the first 30 seconds of going inside. Braxton, however, likes to take his sweet time. He will pick up a good 10-15 videos and put them back before making his final selection. It cracks me up what a big decision this is to him. So far Jace has picked Bee Movie, Alvin and the Chipmunks, and Shrek 2. Braxton has picked Elmo's Greatest Hits, Thomas and Friends video, and Bob the Builder: Teamwork. Tim and I have gotten Enchanted, The Kite Runner (I just finished reading it...good book and a good movie too), and Oceans 13. Since we don't make it out to the movies that often it has helped us catch up on movies we wanted to see. Hopefully the weather improves though so we can start doing some other things : )
So it is a Toyota Sequoia, 2 years old, and has every feature you could possibly want. It looks brand new inside and out too. Here are some pics of the new addition. We have named her Big Mama, which is a nickname we can share for at least a little while longer still. : )

Sorry they are a little dark...

A navigation system so I never get lost (hopefully) again...

One of the complaints we had heard about these though is that it was hard for kids to get in the very back seat, so this is another reason I loved this one. The console in the middle makes it a lot easier to get back there rather than diving over a seat. The console can just pop out too so you can just walk back to the back seat. As you can see the boys are already all set up. Their favorite feature by far is the DVD player.

The boys have really been into playing cowboys lately so here are just some random pictures of my super cute little guys...



Our basement project is still ongoing and making great progress. In the last couple of weeks we had 7,000 lbs of sheetrock delivered and then, with the help of Tim's cousin, hung in just one and a half days. We hired some people to do the mudding and taping, which is done now. Then one of my best friends husbands is doing the trim work, so we ordered all the trim wood, doors, and wood for shelves and stuff, which was delivered on Thursday. He will start putting it up on Monday. When that is done, we prime and paint, put carpet in, and then finishing touches like light switch plates, etc. Next Saturday, the guy we hired to do the bathroom is coming to install the sink, vanity, toilet and tile the floor and shower. We are getting excited for it to be done and I am excited for our whole house not to be covered in white construction dust. To answer your questions from earlier Eden, we aren't going to move any of the boys downstairs just yet. They are going to get bunk beds and share a room upstairs, and then the baby will have the other room. The bedrooms downstairs will be an office/craft room and guest room. We are really excited to just move all the toys downstairs, and have a place for the computer and printer besides our bedroom floor. : )

Sorry they are a little dark...
A navigation system so I never get lost (hopefully) again...
One of the complaints we had heard about these though is that it was hard for kids to get in the very back seat, so this is another reason I loved this one. The console in the middle makes it a lot easier to get back there rather than diving over a seat. The console can just pop out too so you can just walk back to the back seat. As you can see the boys are already all set up. Their favorite feature by far is the DVD player.
The boys have really been into playing cowboys lately so here are just some random pictures of my super cute little guys...



Our basement project is still ongoing and making great progress. In the last couple of weeks we had 7,000 lbs of sheetrock delivered and then, with the help of Tim's cousin, hung in just one and a half days. We hired some people to do the mudding and taping, which is done now. Then one of my best friends husbands is doing the trim work, so we ordered all the trim wood, doors, and wood for shelves and stuff, which was delivered on Thursday. He will start putting it up on Monday. When that is done, we prime and paint, put carpet in, and then finishing touches like light switch plates, etc. Next Saturday, the guy we hired to do the bathroom is coming to install the sink, vanity, toilet and tile the floor and shower. We are getting excited for it to be done and I am excited for our whole house not to be covered in white construction dust. To answer your questions from earlier Eden, we aren't going to move any of the boys downstairs just yet. They are going to get bunk beds and share a room upstairs, and then the baby will have the other room. The bedrooms downstairs will be an office/craft room and guest room. We are really excited to just move all the toys downstairs, and have a place for the computer and printer besides our bedroom floor. : )
Here is a picture after the drywall was hung, before the mudding and taping. The boys love to play down there and you can see where all the white dust comes from... : )

7 comments:
Wow! The basement is really coming along! I can't believe how different it looks from last time. And the cowboy pics are so freakin cute!
your new car looks great! congrats! the basement is really coming along...very exciting! your boys are so cute in their cowboy hats and your posts are always fun to read...see you soon!
Kristin & Tim,
What a great looking basement!
We love looking at every picture.
We wish we could be there to help you...at least we could sweep up the dust!
And...a great looking car! It will serve your family well.
Hugs and kisses to your two cute cowboys. XOXOXOXOXOXO
We look forward to seeing pictures of this sweet little girl.
Out of Africa,
Papa & Nana ;0)
ha ha...thanks, I guess! And I think we are going to come up and help paint the garage tonight...so I guess we'll see ya then!
The pictures are so fun and congrats on the new car!! The basement is looking GREAT! I can't wait to see the finished product!!
Kristin,
Love the pictures of the basement. Thanks for answering all my questions--I seem to have this latent interest in interior design that is not fully realized yet.
I'm happy you have a great new car too. Love the post.
I am so freakin' sick and tired of the snow too! I can finally play basketball and then it snows.... grrr. You guys are actually on your way to provo right now so see ya soon!
Post a Comment