Wednesday, November 14, 2007

All About Me

My friend Lindsay asked me to write six things about myself that most people wouldn't know. This reminded me of elementary school or primary when you were the "spotlight child". I remember it being a lot easier to think of things to write about myself then...So here are 6 things about me...

1. I really like to cook and I really hate to clean up the kitchen. I love to try new recipes and make a nice meal. I love to make new things that Tim loves : ) This will come as a shock to anyone who hasn't seen me a lot after I got married because before I got married I cooked only to keep myself alive. I love to try all kinds of things, it just depends what I am in the mood for. But as much as I love to cook, I hate to clean up the kitchen. I don't mind doing any other cleaning at all, sometimes I actually like it, but I never like to clean the kitchen. I think it is because it gets dirty again so fast. To keep it constantly clean requires that I clean it about 4 times a day. Once after each meal, and an extra after the boys spill something, etc. Braxton is also at a very messy eating stage and is not in a high chair anymore (strapped in booster at the table) his area requires scrubbing after each meal. I tell Tim, one day when we are rich : ) I am going to hire someone just to come and clean my kitchen everyday.

2. I don't think this is very unusual but Tim thinks it is crazy. At the end of the day after the boys are in bed and I have cleaned up a little I am usually soooo tired, but no matter how tired I am I can't just lay down and go to sleep. I have to unwind first or I will just lay there staring at the ceiling. Tim is completely the opposite so he does not understand. He can go lay down after playing with the boys and be asleep in less than a minute. I have to watch a little TV or read (which I like even better) for like 45 minutes to an hour before I am relaxed enough to go to sleep. I have wondered what that says about me...am I a little tightly wound? : )

3. I love fun surprises. (Note fun... : ) I love to plan them, I love to be surprised, I love to watch other people be surprised. I love when I know I am going to surprise someone and they have no idea it is coming...it makes me happy for days. I am usually planning some kind of little surprise for someone all the time, it just makes me so happy!

4. I am a wimp when it comes to sad songs. I cry so easily. The other day I was driving with the boys and a song came on that I wasn't even listening that closely to, but I caught enough of it to be in tears. Jace noticed and was very concerned. He kept saying "Mommy are you crying? What is wrong? Did you get an owie? Do you need a band-aid? Okay, it is time to be happy." If there is a really good musical number at church it is the same results. I just can't help myself.

5. I guess I remember this because it is coming up, but on Christmas Day after the presents are opened and everyone is checking out their new stuff and trying stuff on I am always a little sad. It doesn't have anything to do with what I got, I just look forward to shopping for everyone and, again, the surprises and everything that I am just let down that it is over and I have to wait for a whole year to do it all again : )

6. I love being pampered. When we went to Hawaii, one of my favorite parts was getting a massage at a really nice spa. I love getting pedicures, I even love just taking bubble baths. To me it is worth a lot of money and I gladly pay it. Tim was a little skeptical but I convinced him to get a massage when we were in Hawaii too, and he really liked it. I don't know if he would do it again anytime soon, but at least he understands why I am willing to pay so much for it. : ) Unfortunately I don't get to do any of it that often right now, but that makes me love it even more when I do get the chance.

So there you go, 6 things about me that aren't that important! : )

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

This post totally made me miss you!

I'm so impressed that you cook! I have started to as well...what has happened to us? We've become domestic!

Eden said...

Kristin, I feel exactly the same way on Christmas Day. All the fun and excitment is over for another year.

Also, I'm just like you with winding down before bed. I find by the time I brush my teeth, change into pajamas, write in my journal, pray and read that all of that takes about an hour and then I can drift off to dreamland easily. If I don't do that I stay awake processing the day's events before I can fall asleep.

So, I don't think you are tightly wound. :) I think you are pretty smart to figure yourself out like that.

L&M said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.