Sunday, November 25, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

I realize that my posts have been kind of few and far between lately. I STILL cannot post pictures onto the blog from my home computer so I have to burn them to a disk and then take it to another computer to post them. It is not the most convenient thing and I don't really like posting without some pics so...that is my excuse. I am going to my mom's house tomorrow so I will post some pictures of the things I mention.

We had a great Thanksgiving and we have so much to be grateful for. We had Tim's sisters, Jenn and Kellie, over for Thanksgiving dinner. And, yes, that means that I was in charge of cooking the turkey. I was a little nervous because I had never cooked one or even cooked a whole chicken or anything, but I found a recipe I was excited to try and bought a big bird to try it on. I have never been a fan of roast turkey but it is such a tradition at Thanksgiving that I knew I had to make one so I found a recipe for a sage butter and maple turkey that sounded yummy. I didn't have the nerve or the stomach to pull the neck and other giblets out so Tim thankfully took them out and threw them away for me. : ) The turkey turned out good despite my inexperience though, and all the other food was delicious. A big thanks to Jenn and Kellie for everything they brought and Tim for making the mashed potatoes and helping me clean up. : ) We had all the traditional things and I made my Nana's Danish Rolls which has become a Thanksgiving tradition for us. So...from my rambling, jumbled thoughts I hope you can tell it was a great day : )

The Sunday before was our Primary Program. It was so cute. Jace's part was to say something he was thankful for and draw a picture of it to hold up. He decided he was most thankful for his scooter and I persuaded him to add his family in there too : ) He loved talking in the microphone and did a great job. Later that week when I bought a turkey baster he brought it to me and asked if it was a microphone and then went around asking everyone what they were thankful for and making them answer into the "microphone".

Braxton has decided he hates nursery. He started crying as we approached the door today and we weren't even in there yet. It is only his second week so I am hoping that it grows on him soon. He is so cute though it is hard to be mad at him. He says new things everyday and loves to play with Jace. He has also discovered how to bug Jace and likes to run and grab whatever Jace is playing with and then run away with it as fast as he can. Jace chases him down and it doesn't usually end well for Brax but he keeps doing it. I think he just likes to be chased.

Tim has a great week mostly because BYU beat Utah yesterday. He left the Y flag flying in front of our house as a reminder to our Ute fan neighbors who won.

It was great to spend a long weekend with family and we are glad we got to see Ward, Janet, Chase, Annie and Jill too. I love to spend time with our great family : ) I will post some pictures of all of this tomorrow.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

GO Cougars! The best part of winning is to rub it in Ute fans faces. Good job. Say hi to Kenn and Jellie for me:)