Sunday, May 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Braxton

We had a lot of fun this week going to more T-ball and celebrating our little Braxton's birthday. It is hard to believe that he is already two! There are lots of pictures so...brace yourself : )

First the T-ball game from Monday. It was finally beautiful weather and that made the game even more fun. Wednesday's game got cancelled because it was snowing lightly and freezing cold so...that made us appreciate the beautiful weather when we have it even more!

Jace up to bat...he gets better every time

Happy after he made it all around the bases and scored


Braxton still hasn't given up the idea that he is part of the team. This was after the game. He was really excited that it was his turn to play, because he pretty much cries through the whole game when I put him in his stroller.

Their post game cheer...1,2,3 BEES!! Jace loves it and likes to do it at home too : ) He is on Tim's left.

Okay so now for Braxton's birthday pictures. He had a fun day. He started out by sleeping in until 10:30 (I kept checking on him to make sure he was still alive because he NEVER sleeps in that late) and then requested marshmallows for breakfast. Every time I asked him what he wanted to do for his birthday he would say "Go to Blockbuster"...so we went to Blockbuster.


Here he is trying to choose a movie. We were there for like 40 minutes; he couldn't be rushed. In this picture, things look calm but about 5 minutes later he ran around the corner and decided to climb the shelves to get a better look and broke the middle one off. That was my limit at Blockbuster, so I hurried up and fixed the shelf, had Jace help me put all the videos back on it and hurried Braxton's selection process up. He finally decided on Thomas and Friends: A Very Busy Day. And that is a 4 star movie, let me tell you : ) He loved it!

Then it was off to Target, his other favorite destination, to spend the gift card he got from Nana and Papa. He was in heaven browsing the toy isles and once again, did not want to be rushed. I think we were there for just over an hour. He looked at just about every toy available before he decided on a train (above picture), a huge bouncy ball, and a dinosaur (pictured below...which is really a dragon but he thinks it is a dinosaur and loves it) He was so excited, a big thank you to Nana and Papa!


Then it was off to the store to pick up his birthday cake, which is when he started singing "Happy Birthday" to himself...it was so cute. More Thomas the train...

Dinner was Braxton's choice and he picked Carl's Jr....known in our family as "Star Chicken" because the happy meal chicken comes in the shape of a star. He had so much fun on the playplace he didn't do much eating...but he drank a lot of Root Beer. : )

Then it was back to the house to open presents. He was so excited and kept saying "Wow!" every couple of seconds as he was opening them...even before he knew what they were : ) It was so dang cute! This is when he was opening his very own bike, which was so exciting because he always wants to try and ride Jace's but is just a little too small still. This one is perfect for him! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa : )

Getting ready to blow out candles but he just wants a taste of the icing...

Lighting the candles and still just wants to taste the icing : )

So proud that he blew out the candles

Then he really got what he wanted, lots and lots of icing. He ate every speck of icing off the cake, and then maybe a bite or two of the actual cake. He picked chocolate cake, his favorite.

After playing some more with his toys, taking a bath and getting ready for bed; he was ready for just one more piece of cake. The perfect end to his big day!

The next day Jace thought it would be funny to ride Braxton's little bike, Brax thought it was fun to push him around the house on it. Tonight we took it out for a ride around the neighborhood and he loved it. He rang his little bell about 1000 times and loved to be a big boy on a bike instead of a baby in a stroller.


His gift from Tim and I was this trampoline. We had been thinking about getting one for a while but didn't want to just give it to them for no reason. Christmas isn't a good time here to get one for weather reasons and Jace's birthday is right before it gets cold but Braxton's birthday was perfect. They LOVE it. They always want to go out there to jump...Braxton was just going between Tim and I today saying "bampoline" with a very sad face until we gave in and took him out there (for like the 4th time today). Jace has already learned some tricks he is very proud of including the classic seat drop and back up and a spinning jump. Braxton just loves to bounce around.

Here they are through my favorite feature...the net. It goes around just the bouncing part and is stitched to the mat so they can't break through it. That way the springs, and bars that hold up the net, are on the outside so they can't fall on them or run into them. You can also zip the net completely shut and latch it, which Braxton really likes to do. As soon as he is in the first thing he wants to do is "close it up" I am so glad to have it because it will be something fun for them to do while I am in that phase of not going too many places with a brand new baby. So far, besides jumping on it every day, Jace has planned to camp on it with Daddy and Brax in sleeping bags, have a picnic on it, and when it gets hot enough, put the sprinkler under it. So if you are ever in the mood for some trampoline fun, come on over to our house : )
Yesterday my mom and best friend Rebekah had a baby shower for me at my mom's house and it was so fun. I got so many cute little clothes for this baby girl but also got to see so many fun people that I love, some of which I don't get to see that often. I was going to go through and take pictures of some of my favorite things but it ended up being too many pictures, so just imagine lots of cute baby girl dresses, swimsuits, sleepers, play outfits, bracelets, bibs, burp clothes and a girlie diaper bag and you will get the idea. It made it even more real that she is coming soon! Now at least she will have a lot more to wear : ) Thank you so much to everyone who was able to come!! I am still feeling pretty good...starting to swell a little more, but not bad. I can tell she is running out of room in there and when she starts moving my stomach is bouncing and shifting around like crazy. It freaks Jace out a little.
One funny thing to end on...at breakfast one morning this week Jace was telling me how very, very big my tummy is. Then he lifts up his shirt and says "I have a small baby in my tummy. Put your hand here mommy and feel it move". It cracked me up. : ) This week I have a lot of goals like clean out closets and drawers and pack up too small clothes for the boys, plant the outside flowers and start washing the baby clothes. We'll see how it goes. :)

5 comments:

Nana said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Braxton!
We LOVED seeing these pictures of your B-day, all the wonderful gifts you received, and special people that love you. Jace, you are getting taller and taller all the time. You are a good T-ball player!
Love you both lots & lots!
Nana & Papa ;0)

Brennan said...

Haha i remember another certain boy who always wanted people to come jump on the trampoline with him. Haha! Tell Jace he can call me anytime and i'll come jump with him. Happy B-day Brax!
Brennan

Stan and Jamie said...

That is such a fun post to read! I'm glad you guys had such a fun b-day party! I can't believe that these little ones are already two...Kenna turns in June! CRAZY! I bet you got some great clothes for the new baby, I still can't wait to see what she looks like! Talk to you later!

Lindsay said...

Thanks for the advice on leaving Jack. This was a good post to read. I was looking at your baby counter and you could have this baby ANY DAY NOW! You better post pictures fast. I hope you are feeling ok...You've got to be SOOOOOOOOOOOO tired! You are such a champ! Happy Birthday Braxton! Cute pictures of the boys.

The Ellsworths said...

SOO cute! Where did you get that cutest ever birthday cake? Connor would LOVE that- I only have a few more days to figure it out!
I miss those boys! What am I going to do halway across the world when I can't come and see you anymore?!
Give the boys a hug for us and keep us posted when Kate comes!
:0)